Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 6.2L L99 Camaro Engine swap Jeep, speedo reads 158 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2010 6.2L L99 Camaro Engine swap Jeep, speedo reads 158 MPH

Okay so I'm helping out a local 4x4 shop that completed a 6.2L L99 swap from a 2010 Camaro. The Jeep has a 700R4 full manual VB, so there is no TCM to communicate with the ECM. When I first built the harness for this, I hooked everything up on the bench to test communications, I fired up HP Tuners Scanner and noticed the speedo reads 158 MPH. At this time, the ecm was totally stock.

I went ahead programmed out VATS, and so on for the swap. We are keeping displacement on demand, and variable valve timing. This all seems to function. The only thing I can't get fixed is the 158 MPH reading the ECM is reporting. I think this is messing with the idle and causing some drive ability issues.

I contact HP Tuners, and they said it would be a while before they could look into the matter. Anyone else run into this yet using a L99 without the original 6 speed auto with TCM? The LS3 with manual trans, the speed sensor is wired directly to the ECM. I need to find a way to tell the L99 calibration to read speed signal directly from those pins instead of looking for a TCM.

I contacted Tuner CAT and they added some switches to my tuning software, and I can now have a master switch for auto/manual, and constant setting for transmission type. I've tried several combinations and have yet to get rid of the 158 MPH reading.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ever think about using a 07-09 truck E38,(the wiring is all the same , as i have a 09 truck e38 programmed to run my camaro when i was trying to get the factory flex fuel working), then you could still have the vvt and dod and if you needed a speed signal all you would need to do is wire a small truck tcm with power, ground , data wires and speed sensor about 6 wires total.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

how is the Jeeps speedo getting a signal for speed?
I have a couple options for speedo signals
a converter that will alter the signal up or down about 200%
and a cable to PWM signal generator that goes inline with cable
for trans that don't have a VSS

Quick Reply: 2010 6.2L L99 Camaro Engine swap Jeep, speedo reads 158 MPH