Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone using the moroso 20140 oil pan

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 08:18 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default anyone using the moroso 20140 oil pan

Anybody have a running swap done that is using the moroso 20140 oil pan?

I blew a rod out my stock f-body one so Im thinking of replacing it with one of these. Just wondering what you think about it. I know the oil filter must be relocated, but other than that how does everyone like them? hows the fit? does it hang lower than a stock pan?
Old 11-07-2011, 04:44 AM
8 Second Club

is nobody using this pan then?
Old 11-07-2011, 06:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have one on my 85 SS. The remote filter setup adds a lot to the cost of the pan. I would rather have used the GMPP swap pan but it wasn't being made when I needed one.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

I have the Moroso pan on my swap. I am not sure if I am using that exact part number. I had trouble with clearance on the belly of the pan to my crossmember. I had to modify the subframe to clear the pan. I located my oil filter to a forward location and costs were minimal. 6 fittings, oil filter adapter, and a few feet of hose and your done. I would not use the "muscle car" oil pan as it will hang too low below the crossmember. Thats assuming you are going to use it in the 79 Camaro. If I had it to do over again I would buy the AutoKraft pan. It incorporates the oil filter like stock and has the clearance to fit your Camaro. Holley has a revision of the Motorworx pan that is appealing. The Moroso pan I used states it can use a windage tray. They want you to buy theirs but with a little work you can make the stock tray fit just fine. There are three different pans Moroso offers for the LS one is flat and you cannot use a windage tray, the next is the one I own which causes interference at the crossmember, and an F-body specific pan.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:36 PM
8 Second Club

thanks for the input. Yes this is going in my 79 camaro I was using the f-body pan that came on my engine, I already notched the cross-member for clearance so that's not a big deal, but I don't want to get one that hangs any lower so that might rule out the "muscle car" pan.

Looks like the autokraft is the way to go....

Last edited by samdogmx; 11-07-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am using one for a 944/LS1 swap as it is a common pan to use. So far it has been fine, it sealed well with the block, no leaks.

Quick Reply: anyone using the moroso 20140 oil pan