Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

DSM vs Mazdaspeed 3, WRX, S2000

Old 11-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DSM vs Mazdaspeed 3, WRX, S2000

My buddy and I were hanging out at my apartment, playing some Forza...decided to head out to a bar for a burger and a beer. Throw my buddy the keys (he's got a fiance and kid, drives a new Civic now, so doesn't get a lot of time with fun cars anymore), and we head out through town, just cruising.

Mazdaspeed 3:

We are getting close to the bar, just across the river, when a silver Mazdaspeed 3 appears in the lane next to us. My friend's got my cutout just cracked open enough to get some spool noise, but my car is still fairly quiet now. The MS3 has at least an intake and exhaust...he shows off by spinning his wheels from a 30 roll.

We don't want to mess around too much here in the middle of town, but we follow the guy to see if he's got a spot in mind. Eventually we make our way out to a frontage road that's always quiet.

RACE 1:

We pull alongside at around 30, and we hear him downshift.

[Keep in mind my buddy is still driving (he's not really used to my car yet), and my clutch master cylinder needs a rebuild, so shifts can be a little tricky if you don't know exactly what you're doing.]

We downshift to 2nd and wait for him to hit it. He does, spooling instantly with his little turbo. He pulls a car as my turbo spools. The torque hits, and we stop his pull and gain back half a car before it's time to shift to third.

My buddy misses. ****. The Mazda's gone.

We're out of road, and I don't feel like chasing him around town (to try and gain back some dignity), so we let him go.

WRX:

A bit later that night, I'm driving now, we pull out onto a cross-town 4 lane road, just as we see a clean, slammed black WRX with a carbon fiber trunk/hood. What really catches my eye though, is the big FMIC sticking out the front bumper...kind of intimidating, considering usually only built Subies will go to the trouble of replacing the top-mount IC...

We pull alongside him, he's talking on the phone. My cutout is closed now, but I give him a little spool and BOV noise to let him know what's up. He gets off the phone pretty quick, and gets on it, just to show off a bit. This car moves out. He's spitting a two-foot flame through his full 3" exhaust every shift.

Follow him across the river and to another part of town, just kind of messing around as we eye each other's cars. Keep in mind, my cutout is still closed, so all he can see and hear is my stock catback (besides maybe my FMIC).

RACE 2:

Eventually, we get a clean, quiet stretch of 4 lane. I downshift to 2nd, hear him downshift. I'm still a little scared of his car....

We both hit it at the same time....as I roll into the throttle, I hit the cutout switch and release the fury.

He pulls a fender as my turbo takes its sweet time to spool , but it's worth the wait.

The look on this guy's face was priceless (according to my friend) as we yank a full car through 2nd, I slam 3rd and keep the pull going.

Pull over, talk to the guy...I guess he has a full STi swap and tune/higher boost. He's a cool dude.

S2000:

Head back into town, towards where we first saw the WRX. Spot a silver S2000 at an intersection with nice deep dish chrome/black wheels...he quickly pulls out onto our road and it's obvious he's game. My cutout's closed again.

The S2000 has full bolt-ons, not sure what else. He's with a friend in the passenger seat, no doubt itching to show off a little. He yells something about heading out of town a bit. Sounds good, cause I'm no fan of racing around ordinary cars in the middle of town.

RACE 3:

We are cruising side by side at around 50, so I select 3rd gear...not a good spot for me. I hear him downshift and his VTEC pops pretty damn hard as I floor it and open the cutout . As my boost slowly comes on, I begin pulling...I'm at fairly low RPM so my pull isn't as hard as it would be at a different speed.

(I should mention at this point that my injectors are the weak point in my car (too damn small), I'm definitely running out of fuel at the top of 3rd and 4th gear)

I hit knock at the top of 3rd, so I shift early. Miss.

The S2000 gains back half a car from my 1.5 car lead. I finally get it in 4th gear and make my win clear.

We pull into a gas station, talk. His buddy had his window open during the race, and he comments on how damn loud my car is. He also says I was spitting out sheets of flame on my shifts (especially when I missed) from under my driver's door, straight at him.

Fun times. My car needs more injector before I even think about raising the boost....

TL;DR: Raced MS3, buddy missed 3rd as we were pulling, lost. Raced WRX with STi swap, won. Raced full bolt-on S2000, won.

Last edited by 1992TsiAWD; 11-07-2011 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

good stuff!

i like doin the 2nd gear hey look at me in the cobalt burnout move.....usally gets their attention.

30 roll, floor it, boost, scratch scratch
Old 11-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounded like a fun night, I bet the guy in the WRX was on the phone with his gf.

"So what do you wanna do toni.... umm baby Ima call you right back.. No baby Im about to race. Ok, love.... love you too.... ok b... bye.."
Old 11-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hugger1975
good stuff!

i like doin the 2nd gear hey look at me in the cobalt burnout move.....usally gets their attention.

30 roll, floor it, boost, scratch scratch
haha yess! Its a little more dramatic for me but gets the point across.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
haha yess! Its a little more dramatic for me but gets the point across.
i shoulda said scratch scratch scratch scratch?
pretty funny to see on 235/18's

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DSM vs Mazdaspeed 3, WRX, S2000