Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Line lock switch opinions/help

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Line lock switch opinions/help

I'm about to order one of the SJM line locks and I'm considering the switch that goes on the shifter but I can only find one picture on their website and I can't really tell anything about it. Is anybody running one of these and has pics? How do you like the switch being on the shifter.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:01 PM
10 Second Club

bump....
Old 11-08-2011, 06:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one. No pictures unfortunately and as my car is now laid up for the winter probably won't get one for a while.
But - it does annoy me as it rattles. It is the switch itself that rattles, not the housing or its mounting. Its enough that I keep a rubber band around it all the time - just be sure not to hit the master on/off switch by accident.

I don't really plan on using the line lock, I'm not a drag racer - I really only wanted the ABS delete but it came with the line lock and there was no harm in fitting it. I might take it off and go with the standard momentary switch instead.

Not really what you asked for but might be helpful to you.......
Old 11-08-2011, 09:19 AM
10 Second Club

Yea I don't want it to rattle thats for sure. I'm easilly irritated by things that rattle lol. Other than the rattling do you like it? Honestly i just thought it would look cool. Did it rattle from day one or did it just start one day?
Old 11-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Staging Lane

It has rattled from day one. Really irritating.
Also just remembered that it hits the console unless i rotate it around a bit, but then I'm running the b&m shifter so it sits that much lower.
I really haven't used it as LL, just tested it to make sure I wired it correctly so I can't answer on how effective it is when positioned on the shifter.
I think I have just talked myself into getting rid of it and installing the standard momentary switch though!
I'm sure someone who does drag race might find its position on the shifter useful but for me its just a PITA.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:30 PM
10 Second Club

Well right now I've got the stock **** and the MGW and I"m gonna be going to one of the MBA ***** so it'll leave a little of the stick showing anyway. My shifter doesn't really even come close to my console where the throws are so short so Im hoping that wouldn't be an issue with my set up. I wonder if you just got an oddball switch that rattles. Also I know their kit uses two switches one to arm it and one to activate it. Did it come with both style activating switches when you pay for the shifter one? Shifter and console mount just in case the shifter one rattles ? Thanks
Old 11-10-2011, 02:39 AM
Staging Lane

Not sure if it comes with both when you order the shifter one.
SJM sent mine without the shifter switch despite ordering the kit at the time.
Once they were told they made good immediately and the shifter switch winged its way over the pond very quickly - points to SJM!
So therefore I have both.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I use a Hurst **** with the line-loc switch built in like this. It works really well and it doesn't get in the way when shifting. You don't even know it's there until you use it.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:59 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i think having a button on the shifter would bother me, i was thinking of the hurst though , it looks like the switch is kinda out of the way, but still i just think with my ocd it would just drive me nuts on the shifter
Old 11-10-2011, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
yeah i think having a button on the shifter would bother me, i was thinking of the hurst though , it looks like the switch is kinda out of the way, but still i just think with my ocd it would just drive me nuts on the shifter
It really doesn't bother me at all. I thought it would take some getting used to or I would bump it all the time, but the button is positioned perfectly so it's out of the way.

Quick Reply: Line lock switch opinions/help