Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FD rx7 5.3 engine identification

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FD rx7 5.3 engine identification

So i bought an FD last week that had already been swapped. the guy screwed up and i haven't had my buddy mechanic brother in law rip it apart yet but i wanted to identify the engine. i finally got it up on stands today, it has 862 heads and a camaro oil pan but i can't figure out where the block is stamped. is it stamped on the rear (which would explain how i can't find it). block looks aluminum.

the plan is to pull this motor out and rebuild the t56 in it (leaking and just doesn't seem to work smoothly). we are going to replace the motor with an ls1 (and use an already modified harness and clean it up a lot). i want to know what motor this is as i can use it in another project i haven't started yet. here's some pics. if i'm just overlooking the stamp let me know where it is.

i have more pics in that album of other shots of the motor as well. any help here is appreciated. i've ran all kinds of searches and it looks like from what i've read you can't get to the numbers with the bell housing installed but not sure if that's true. can't believe there isn't an easier way to figure it out.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump, the reason i'm looking for this is so that i can get the right parts for power steering. if it doesn't matter, then what parts specifically do i need to get it going with this 5.3? pump, pulley, res, belt and then custom made hoses right (i know i need a pressure adjustment piece which i can order)? which pump though (if i get an ls1 pump will it work?).

Last edited by jayinpalmharbor; 11-10-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Quick Reply: FD rx7 5.3 engine identification