Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR Track Pack - Crossmember Height

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default BMR Track Pack - Crossmember Height

Hey Guys,

Im running a custom fabbed up BMR Track Pack look alike torque arm setup. It works very but there is alot of clearance issues with inclines and my y pipe rubbing. Im just wondering if anyone has any pics of there cars up in the air to see how you have welded in your crossbar. Did a search and came up not alot of help so im hoping someone can help me out here.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 11-08-2011, 11:09 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Is this actually a BMR Trak Pak/Extreme Torque Arm, or something custom?
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

A local here is a very skilled fabricator and custom made a batch of look-a-like setups to yours probably 4-5 yrs back or more who knows. The thing im worried about is id like to move the crossbar up towards the body but not sure if it will hit the floor when it flexes. The way this guy fabbed the cross bar is added a flat plate to the bottom of the sfc and welded the crossbar to that.

98 WS6 - Car it was built on

Taken off the car - How i bought it

On my car - I have since modded the exhaust loop so its near flat (Got stuck on a lot of inclines)

Old 11-08-2011, 11:38 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Good to see one of our design being copied again! haha

Our crossbrace bar was designed around a Y-pipe setup. I actually had a custom true dual setup that made the X go up into the dipped portion of the crossbrace, it was pretty cool. As far as clearance goes, there's really nothing more you can do. We have customers who tuck the crossbrace up against the body very tight but you're already hitting your Y-pipe. I would say you should look into getting a custom exhaust or Y-pipe made to clear the bar and move it up. I think that's your only option. Good luck.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have no issues with modding my y pipe im more less worried about if i move the crossbar closer to the body of the car would it not hit the floors? I really just dont want to buy your replacement crossbar and weld it in and be constantly hitting the floors and even if i welded it to the floor where the floor contours change would it not vibrate like crazy? Im looking to fix all the small vibrations and switch from poly/rod lca and phb to poly poly to make the ride much more enjoyable and quieter.

Quick Reply: BMR Track Pack - Crossmember Height