Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Carbon Fiber Vinyl, anyone used it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Carbon Fiber Vinyl, anyone used it?

I'm thinking of getting a roll of self adhesive Carbon Fiber Vinyl and applying it to certain interior pieces instead of paying hundreds of dollars for pre-fabbed kits. The roll I saw looks EXACTLY like CF and is self adhesive. If done correctly it should look identical. Anyone have any direct experience with it?
Old 04-18-2003, 08:09 PM
Third Chrome Wheel Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Vinyl, anyone used it?

For what it's worth.....did the vinyl sheet myself, but didn't like the look, it seamed too fake and was very hard to apply around complex corners, which our interior stuff has alot of....but, yours might look better, still your call....

I just went with the real deal from Fiberglast, just need the time to do the job, I'll be sure to post when I can....
Old 04-20-2003, 12:26 AM
TECH Junkie

I just got a roll for the same purpose. It looks ok but is a real pain on corners and such.
Old 04-20-2003, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by theblur98ss:
<strong> I just got a roll for the same purpose. It looks ok but is a real pain on corners and such. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I second that!
Some things it works great on (I made some wheel center caps that came out great), and on other things it looks like *** (I tried to make a radio trim panel and the results were not pretty).

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Vinyl, anyone used it?