Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E Rebuild Help!!!

Old 11-08-2011, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60E Rebuild Help!!!

My transmission is beginning to fall apart i think and it may be time for a rebuild. I am wondering what rebuild kit would be best for my application. I will be installing a cam soon and will need a higher stall to go along. I don't expect to see over 450 hp at any point.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are many guys who can and will give you lots of advice on what parts to put into your transmission, a simple search here in this forum will provide a multitude of threads that will help you with that decision.

But, in my experience that is not a good idea unless you have a builder who is very good at building these units to take a punishment. And if it's your first transmission to build, then I would suggest you might not want to do it yourself. The 60e is a formidable unit in the right hands, but these forums a full of threads about guys who had a "local" shop do there build and it isn't holding up or failed in a short period of time.

I would encourage you to consider making your purchase from one of the sponsors here on Tech... point is they build these transmissions for years and in fact they specialize in them. If you'd like to give me a call I can indeed put a list of parts together for you to purchase and supply them as well, or I can spec out a very nice well built transmission for you... then build it myself.

Hope that helps...

g

Search this Thread