Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Advice on a Forged LS6 build I'm planning, if you would be so kind

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on a Forged LS6 build I'm planning, if you would be so kind

So I'm setting up a new engine to swap into my C5, I already have a full drive system planned to take the power, but I wanted to some advice on my build

My current state is that I have an LS6 block, unknown miles, previously boosted but not very high. I am planning on building this up, probably stroked to 402ci, all forged and running E85, to be supercharged. How much boost would this system safely be able to take, and and any advice on a particular blower to go with such a setup?

I have a Powerdyne BD-11A lying around, I was contemplating having the BD-11A completely rebuilt by 928motorsports, http://www.928motorsports.com/parts/superpowerdyne.php, but if thats likely to blow something, I'll pass and pick up a vortech or something. I do like the thought of a belt-driven blower for the noise level alone though.

So if anyone has suggestions, answers, or the like, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,
AlkyC5
Old 11-09-2011, 12:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry but the only way to make that ls6 block a 402 is to have the block resleaved.

You can however stroke it to a 383.

That being said MikeP2002 makes right around 800rwhp in his D1 procharged 383 with AFR 225 heads in his c5

I don't thing that powerdyne supercharger is going to make any serious about of power
Old 11-09-2011, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats kind of what I was expecting to hear, I'm really eyeing a vortech V-1 Si-Trim at the moment, so I might just go with that when the time comes

Quick Reply: Advice on a Forged LS6 build I'm planning, if you would be so kind