Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynojet Wideband 2 narrowband simulator

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dynojet Wideband 2 narrowband simulator

I have my green wire tapped into the signal wire of my b1s1 o2 harness. I have disconnected the signal wire from the narrowband o2 connector and that leaves the ground and 2 heater wires. With that connected into the harness I have a good ground and what looks like a properly connected o2 to the pcm.

VCM scanner is showing 1107mv all the time though. I let it sit with the key on for like 10 mins and nothing changed. I used the break cleaner test on the wideband sensor to see if that would make it switch but no movment.

Started it up for like 15 seconds and nothing there.

If i disconnect the o2 I am using for a ground wire the mvs go to 450 (reading i get when nothing is plugged in), if I disconnect the narrowband sim wire it reads 450 as well.

Do I have to perform some type of procedure on the dynojet wideband controller to get this to simulate 0-900mv?

I already sent an email to dynojet and their reply was a forward from another email that just says how to hook it up but nothing about what voltage its simulating or if there is a way to change it.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got off the phone with dynojet and here is what narrowband simulator actually means:

The simulator wire does not emulate based off the wb sensors readings. This is something that you can alter via the lcd-200 product. So, from what I was told by dynojet, you could command the voltage to whatever fits your application.

It does not follow what the manual says but then again the manual is bleak at best.

Basically this is used to fake your vehicles computer to believe that it is running at a static amount of afr essential.

For those inquiring minds, if you are looking to truely "simulate" a narrowband sensor based on the readings of the wb sensor go with innovate, my friend has a mustang he did this with and it works as one would perceive.

Quick Reply: Dynojet Wideband 2 narrowband simulator