Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DBW in my boat?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 07:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DBW in my boat?!?

Ok - going to switch from carb to EFI in my boat this winter. I will be using a Fast 102 LSXRT intake, but I haven't figured out how to get the throttle cable mounted.

So - here's a question. I need a floor mounted pedal - is there any floor mount pedal that will work with DBW?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OR... Does someone make a flexible extension that will snap onto the end of the boat's Morse cable to operate the throttle body. The boat's stock throttle cable is a 14 foot long Morse cable and not nearly flexible enough to make that wrap on the throttle body, but 6" extension would work if it exists.

Otherwise.. ?????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-12-CORVET...item27c001ed94
Old 11-10-2011, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

Glad to see you've made it over, Blaze.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

I've been reading these boards forever. Since I'm fixing to drop an LS1 in my jet boat I thought it might be time to finally join. Once the Glastron is done, the 79 GMC short wide will be next. Then probably my other jet boat if the Glastron works out as well as yours did.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blazeracer
I've been reading these boards forever. Since I'm fixing to drop an LS1 in my jet boat I thought it might be time to finally join. Once the Glastron is done, the 79 GMC short wide will be next. Then probably my other jet boat if the Glastron works out as well as yours did.
Woohooo more LS powered jet boats!!! This seems to be becoming a more popular swap and can only grow in the years to come. Im thinking about putting together a wiring kit for boat swaps complete with harness and relay/fuse boxes after I get my boat wired up. Might as well set up to capitalize on this expanding market. Maybe a rail and motor plate kit and a coil relocation kit too -Sideways
Old 11-10-2011, 10:36 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Why do you want to run the high truck intake? Id think it a sweeter build to run the low profile regular FAST and cover it up no?
Old 11-10-2011, 10:40 AM
11 Second Club

Power.

And my headers already stick up too much to cover the motor well.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

The DBW footpedal only needs the accelerator pedal position sensor. You can take it off a pedal, or modify the pedal itself, and use it as long as you keep the original sweep.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by garys 68
The DBW footpedal only needs the accelerator pedal position sensor. You can take it off a pedal, or modify the pedal itself, and use it as long as you keep the original sweep.
x2. You could probably make it work with any boat throttle since the sensor is only held on by 2 screws I think and there is a flat head screw driver tip (basically) the goes into a slot in the pedal to rotate it. Should be pretty easy unless the throttle needs the cable tension to stay in place.

Quick Reply: DBW in my boat?!?