Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP Sequential Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 01:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP Sequential Lights

Has anyone installed a the sequential tail light "full install" kit on a 98-02 T/A?! If so, how did you install the new three wire socket? Havin problems modifing existing hole in tail light, due to location and design.
Old 04-19-2003, 01:58 PM
10 Second Club

Default Re: HELP Sequential Lights

i did it and it took some patience. i modified the plug as well as the hole. you have to get in the hole at just the right angle to be able to twist it in the hole when your done. then cut out the hole to match the plug. then cut down the prongs on the plug to about half way so you have more clearence getting it in the hole. also shave down the plug on the sides with a grinder or something to give yourself more clearence when twisting it on. mine just barely fit with the gasket on. also both sides will not twist on the same way, so you have to adjust how you do both sides seperatly.
Old 04-19-2003, 02:56 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks alot
Old 04-23-2003, 04:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I did my previous TA, I made a template from an existing socket (one of the two sockets with the big plug) with a piece of paper.

I laid a piece of paper over one of the existing sockets that had the right shape, and ran a pencil over the paper on top of the socket. This made a good outline of the socket on the paper.

Then I cut out the area of the paper that had the socket shape on it. I took that shape and laid it on top of the outside socket that needed to be modified, and ran a sharp scribe around the outside of my template. That left me with a good outline to work with.

I then took my dremel tool and enlarged my socket to the shape of the scribed outline. When I got close to the actual shape, I would trial fit the plug and dremel a little more until I got a perfect fit. I also used a flat file to put the final shaping on it. It took me about 20 minutes per socket, and it almost looked factory made when I was done with it.

-Shawn
Old 01-13-2004, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Do you have any pictures of what this looked like because I'm having same problem?