Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yank SS4000E finally installed!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yank SS4000E finally installed!

All i can really say is WOW! Cant believe i waited 3 years to put a converter in. Driveability is better than i thought it would be and i had some pretty high expectations. The car will still pull itself at idle on flat ground and only needs about 1700 rpms to really get going, and this is a 4000 rpm stall! It drives great and locks up right at 40mph, just like normal from there on. But when you put your foot down this thing gets it. Street tires seem pretty useless now, i gotta get some nittos. The only real downside i can see is that reverse seems pretty loose, but that is a very small complaint. After hearing people say for years that there is no best of both worlds torque converter, all i can say is that they havent tried the Yank SS series yet, if the 4000 drives this nice i bet the 3600 is almost like stock around town.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mccool98ta
All i can really say is WOW! Cant believe i waited 3 years to put a converter in. Driveability is better than i thought it would be and i had some pretty high expectations. The car will still pull itself at idle on flat ground and only needs about 1700 rpms to really get going, and this is a 4000 rpm stall! It drives great and locks up right at 40mph, just like normal from there on. But when you put your foot down this thing gets it. Street tires seem pretty useless now, i gotta get some nittos. The only real downside i can see is that reverse seems pretty loose, but that is a very small complaint. After hearing people say for years that there is no best of both worlds torque converter, all i can say is that they havent tried the Yank SS series yet, if the 4000 drives this nice i bet the 3600 is almost like stock around town.
Alittle more info on the tire problem .
Glad your happy with it. I ordered the same 1 Monday of this week.
What other mods do you have so far?
Dave
Old 03-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Teching In

well, i rolled on the gas pretty good from about 20mph or so and the tires didnt stop spinning until i let off. but my firehawks were getting a little thin anyways so it was time for new tires. my only other mods are a lid and exhaust, other than suspension, so my car is close to stock horsepower wise.
Old 03-11-2004, 07:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks,good luck getting traction. Post the results when you get to the track.
Dave
Old 03-14-2004, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wait until you get mods man, just putting on MT ET Streets netted me .7 in the 1/8th!!!! If that tells you anything about how much tire spin ya get Glad ya like it.

-Sly
Old 03-15-2004, 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mccool98ta
Nitto's won't help you much either, atleast they haven't helped me below 45mph -- even though they spin like crazy I can imagine what stock tires do.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Teching In

I have an SS-3600 waitng to go in with my 3.73's......I can not wait!!