Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1967 Camaro Ls1/t56 Next Stage- Poor Mans DIY 3 Link Rear Suspension

Old 11-12-2011, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1967 Camaro Ls1/t56 Next Stage- Poor Mans DIY 3 Link Rear Suspension

Well seems like work on a old car is never done lol. after my conversion to a forged ls1/t56 im now deciding to do a 3 link suspension. reason being that whoever had it before me has ladder bars and coilovers on it and it rides so bad i cant even begin to explain it lol. with that being said since i already have coilovers ive decided to take on fabbing my own rear suspension. it will be a 3 link suspension with a panhard bar. nothing too serious just something that will perform well and something i can look at as i did myself. anyways lets get started

heres the original build thread
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...er-welded.html

ok heres the bars, made from dom tubing 1.25 OD With Ridetech Bushings.here they are cut to length with the ends beveled and a hole drilled to plug weld them

here it is plug welded

and welded

cleaned

opposite ends welded

finish product

Also i have designed some bottom link frame brackets and made them however i havent tested so dont know if they will work. now before u say the slotted approach wont work, i made super tight clearances and there is no slippage, also since the forces acting upon the bracket will only be forward or backward no vertical forces so i took the length the link ( 18" ) and usedthat to make a radiused slot. anyway tell me what u think

Old 11-12-2011, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep going I want to see the end result. I went with a Hotchkis rear leaf after looking at a ton of different rear ends. The one I always liked was the Hot Rods to Hell truck arm suspensions but they do a lot of stuff underneath....
Old 11-12-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i woulda went back leaf springs but someone cut the mounts off the rear end and body for them so i just decided if i was gonna have to do some welding anyway i might as well do a one off kinda deal
Old 11-12-2011, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

I like the link bars! Get em mounted...
Old 11-13-2011, 07:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks im gonna try next weekend to get the lowers mounted to the frame at least because i still have to see about how high the frame mounts will be off the ground so i can calculate and design the axle mounts. tues i plan on test fittin the frame mounts and ill let ya know how they work out.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1967 Camaro Ls1/t56 Next Stage- Poor Mans DIY 3 Link Rear Suspension