Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BS3 IAT Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 09:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BS3 IAT Question

I recently installed a BS3 to run my turbo ls1 rx7. When i installed the bs3, i didnt have an air temp sensor handy. I checked the manual and it says the BS3 only uses the Air temp correction map if you using Alpha N. I'm running speed density, but just to be sure, I ensured the air temp correction table was zero'd out.

The car is now pretty much dialed in. I picked up an air temp sensor and hooked it up, took the car around the block and it was bucking from being lean. I pulled over, unplugged the sensor and everything went back to normal.

The sensor is reading properly. Unhooked it reads -14degress (if memory serves me) and plugged it showed expected temperatures.

My question is this: If the BS3 isnt doing any sort of Air temp correction with speed density, why does the car run lean when i plug in the sensor?

I'm trying to figure out if there's a certain percentage of fuel that's being added due to the sensor reading below zero unplugged. My thoughts are that maybe I can just add that percentage back into the map, hookup the sensor and be good to go.

Anyone have any insight?