Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intake ?'s and exhaust ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake ?'s and exhaust ?'s

This is only my second time posting im a newbie so bare with me. What is the best intake to get.. i have been looking at the slp intake system... it says up to 30 hp gain....anything that is better...im not saying i want 50 hp but is there anything better than the slp.....and for exhaust..i was thinking of just getting the z06 titanium exhaust... anything else with the same exhaust note? and i was thinking of getting the slp head and cam package...anything better than these? thanx for the input guys !
Old 03-11-2004, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

Read up bro.....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139142
Old 03-11-2004, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

You driving a Vette or a Fbod??
Old 03-12-2004, 12:51 AM
TECH Resident

All of your questions can be answered by doing a few searches and alot of reading. Having newbs post the same questions over and over gets annoying hence the stickies and the search feature.

To answer some of your Q's we need more input, like I am driving a --------. The intake SLP uses I am positive is just an LS6 so unless you are driving a 97-98 vette or 98-00 f-body then you do not need it. As far as exhaust goes I would get the lightest cheapest and most recommended. The H/C package that SLP offers seems like a deal but I have not seen to many people use it on this board. Plenty of sponsors offer packages that are better in performance than SLP yet they come up short of saying anything about HP numbers which I believe SLP misleading quotes from the flywheel.