Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reluctor Ring

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reluctor Ring

Ive googled the heck out of this.. And ive kinda came up with somewhat of an answer.

Do you HAVE to have the tool to change it. Did you make your own? How did you do it?

Ive read where you HAVE to have the tool then i read that there is really only one way it goes on so you cant mess it up.

I have one that i think i should change while the motor is apart but no machine shops in my area have the tool and i dont want to spend 200 for the tool and i really hate to order a reman crank for "no reason".
Old 11-14-2011, 06:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you've got access to a lathe, making one should be pretty easy. It just needs to be indexed to the crank bolt pattern, set the depth correctly, and control runout.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can speak from EXPERIENCE,,,if it is not on right, the car will not run,,, I paid 300 dollars to LG motorsports in Wylie, to remove a damaged reluctor from my callies crank and put a new one on, and they put it on backwards, car would not run, kept throwin crank position sensor fault. It takes alot of work to put the engine together then in the car, then try and start it just to find out that the reluctor wheel is the problem, then guess what the engine has to come back out and back apart,,,,Lg got mine right the second time, I will never recommend them to anyone,,ever.