Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS into a-body...header/manifold recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS into a-body...header/manifold recommendations

So it looks like we've solved some of our clearance issues getting our LS motor from a suburban into the chevelle...but it looks like there's no way the stock manifolds will work for the exhaust. Anyone have any recommendations for either swap or normal headers or any other stock manifolds that have worked out for you? Looking at the prices for some of these swap headers they seem a bit high, so I'm looking for what alternatives are out there. Any help is appreciated!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Launching!

im working on this right now. 65 chevelle(4 door - not like it matters), brp mounts, lh8 pan -- the passenger side stock manifold fits GREATTT!! even the factory "frame dent" is right where the collector is. but the drivers sideee... well thats a problem. the collector isnt even close/hits the frame right away. ive got a fbody(01 ss) manifold that i had sitting in my garage from my brothers car. im gonna give those a shot in a few hours.

ill let you know how it goes(if it does work/its gonna be close + the collector looks even bigger/maybe i grid it down a bit)
Old 11-14-2011, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

We used a 2000 Camaro driver's side exhaust manifold and the LQ9 Passenger side exhaust manifold on my son's 66 GTO. Worked great!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Launching!

the magic combo ended up being LQ4 Manifold on the Passengers side and a fbody(01 ss) manifold on the drivers side(close but im happy that it works)

Quick Reply: LS into a-body...header/manifold recommendations