Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSX Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSX Questions

Well tomarrow is the day. I plan on placing my order for a few things, but the one real variable is that Damn LS6 vs. LSX intake.

1. Will my ported stock TB fit on a 78mm LSX Intake
2. Is the nitrous burst panel a good investment (thinking yes)
3. Does this intake come with everything I need, or will I be nickle and dimed to death buying gaskets, bolts, etc.
4. For a car that will eventually be putting down over 800+ hp (HPE 408/DP nitrous) is it better to buy the LSX now as opposed to waiting for the stroker motor. I hate to have to buy and sell parts, and upgrade later.

So whats the scoop, can I just bolt this thing on, and have it work with future combinations? I should be pushing over 575rwhp with my current setup with heads/cam/TNT F1.

Any advice would help. I plan on placing my order for everything first thing in the morning.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:55 PM
TECH Veteran

I had this some dilema I ended up just getting a DP LS6 intake. Only cost me $400 more than a LSX intake. They still dont seem to be a proven intake to me.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, but I think the devil is in the details for tuning with the LSX. Texas Speed is doing some testing from what I have heard. I'm gonna throw caution to the wind and order one.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt buy the LSX at this stage, not enough people (IMO) have posted good enough results to warrant the price. Just what im seeing and reading from posts, do a search .
Old 03-12-2004, 09:24 AM
TECH Veteran

do a search, someone here just recently made a good thread about how the install of one of these went.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:31 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have no idea where my thread went, but it got pretty involved.

1-yes, your ported stock TB will work.

2-the burst panels are not an option, they are standard, are in the bottom of the intake.

3-only thing mine didn't come with was new gaskets, had to use my ones of my ls6 i had

4-if you are going stroker i would either a)buy the 90mm now or b) wait and buy th 90mm when you get the motor if you don't wanna spend the money on the intake and currently very expensive 90mm TB's out there. On a big motor you're going to want the 90mm version...78 will still be nice but won't see the gains teh 90 will on big displacement.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just ordered the LSX two minutes ago, along with my new heads and cam. My tuner will find the horsepower that is in this intake. Not a problem.

Probley be another 6-8 weeks before I have everything installed and tuned. I will post all results, and a dyno graphic. Wish it could be sooner, but my job has gone ape **** and I will be working 7 day work weeks for a month or so. Plus I'm going on vacation to Florida for two weeks in May.