Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

finished the pace setter install gotta Q

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finished the pace setter install gotta Q

i finally welded everything in pacesetters y pipe cats, hooker catback, im pleasantly suprised that it is not all that loud at idle. very steathly, and the boost in performance is AWESOME. my only question...i had a relatively high idle before i did the header install, but now that the lt's are in and i've logged about 50 miles on them with the new set up, its running perfectly...is that normal for the car to run better with lt's than with factory equipment?

i haven't had a chance to get a dyno tune or even just get on a dyno, i dynoed 303 rwhp stock where do you suppose i should be at n/a? with the catback and whisper lid i dynoed 313 if that helps any. reguardless they passed the SOTP test with flying colors what a mod!!!

wot sounds just wicked.
T
Old 03-11-2004, 10:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dont complain about your car running better now take it as a godsend hehe
Old 03-11-2004, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was just wondering if that was normal. definately no complains ...i used a 2.5 inch yp ipe with high-flow cats, what kind of sound/power increases shoul di expect if i were to custom make a y pipe with 2 highflow cats?
Old 03-11-2004, 10:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not really normal mine ran exactly the same before and after just louder & w/ a code from the o2's other than that the idle has always been right on par