Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

limp clutch pedal......

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default limp clutch pedal......

Okay so I just did a t 56 swap and my 98 camaro. I just changed the master cylinder because before I could not put the car into gear with out having to press on the clutch really hard. I have bled the clutch numerous times but still it is soft.... I mean really really really soft, I can press it with my finger to the floor... any suggestions?
Old 11-15-2011, 04:45 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bleed it some more Sorry I know that's not what you want to hear...how are you bleeding it? A MitiVac could help or a remote bleeder line would be even better, but I'm sure you don't want to pull it back out to install it. Good luck and report back!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

i have been bleeding it all day..... ive changed back to my old m.c. and still nothing. so i get my "co worker" to pump a few and some times a bunch and hold to the floor, then with a breaker bar i will open it and close it for about one second. there is NO pressure whatsoever... no matter how long i pump, or how long i bleed. the res is full, there are no leaks in the system. the only thing i can think of is that the slave cylinder might be bad... like maybe it was hanging on just enough until i went and changed something. and since i have done the bleeding so much, the brake fluid is clear. and here is the funny part, i cant hear air escaping... no matter how much or little i open the bleeder. this site rarely fails me, i really hope some one can toss some insight my way
Old 11-15-2011, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t56

I went through a few very very frusterating times with my 01 ws6 also, all mainly thanks to SPEC about 3 yrs ago. So what do you mean by swap in the 98 camaro? Do you have a z28/ss? You swapped the M6 from the OEM A4? Your master is good so....start at the pedal, the master is first thing affected by pedal so we r good there, does your reservior just stay full im assuming and clear? If so then its got to be the line from reservior to slave is melted from LT header heat and closed up inside but you wouldnt be able to press the pedal, if the slave was faulty it would be leaking or the quick dissconnect isnt connected good but it would leak or make the pedal un-moveable im guessing, if pedal is moving still easily and that pressure is moving something and its not fluid then air is pushing out of the highest point of the system which would be the reservior cap but pressure isnt supposed to go into the reservior, this is a wierd one here!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are sure that you have it bled and the master is good and not internally bypassing fluid, then I would suspect something is wrong with the clutch itself as the slave will leak if it's the problem. What clutch is in the car?
Old 11-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Staging Lane

Gents, it was the slave. Thank you all for your input. Now i need to replace the syncros. And yes it was a conversion.

Quick Reply: limp clutch pedal......