Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e upgrade??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 12:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4l60e upgrade??

hey, im guessing if should i upgrade my trans, my engine is thought to handle 450 hp, my trans is fact stock, will it be alright to handle it? or should i upgrade it, if so what must i get to do it?
any input would be appreciated, am i missing something?
Old 11-16-2011, 07:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bugy
hey, im guessing if should i upgrade my trans, my engine is thought to handle 450 hp, my trans is fact stock, will it be alright to handle it? or should i upgrade it, if so what must i get to do it?
any input would be appreciated, am i missing something?
At that horsepower level it will just be a matter of time befor your stock trans fails. I'd recommend getting a build 4L60e from one of the vendors here such as myself before it fails. That way you will avoid the few weeks of downtime you will have waiting on your replacement transmission. One of our Level 5 builds would be perfect for you. They are rated at 600rwhp so it will give you room to grow without exceeding the limits of the trans. If you have any questions feel free to let me know.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
At that horsepower level it will just be a matter of time befor your stock trans fails. I'd recommend getting a build 4L60e from one of the vendors here such as myself before it fails. That way you will avoid the few weeks of downtime you will have waiting on your replacement transmission. One of our Level 5 builds would be perfect for you. They are rated at 600rwhp so it will give you room to grow without exceeding the limits of the trans. If you have any questions feel free to let me know.
yeah, im interested on it, can you give me PN, cause in fact in rebuilding my trans, so before i do i'll like to upgrade it!! i'll thank you if you could give PN or something...