Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

any ideas on a roll cage ?

Old 11-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any ideas on a roll cage ?

i have a 2001 camaro im looking to put a roll cage in..
I know of several roll cages , that is not the case tho!

i want advice from people who have roll cages in there own cars, i want a 4 or 6 point not sure if i want a weld in or bolt in.. im open to suggestions!?
Old 11-17-2011, 09:41 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

What are you looking to do with the car now and in the future?

Wolfe 6-point weld-ins are great cages. I've helped install a couple and all my buddies have them in their 9(not legal, I believe), 10, and 11-second cars. The fit is decent, install is straight forward and easy, and it's made with quality. When you work things out, it's usually cheaper to go this route and have it installed. Less down time and cheaper labor - if you don't do the work yourself.

I run a bolt-in Autopower four-point with a harness bar in my GTO because it's used for road racing. I enlarged the plates to cover a larger surface area. I have no reason to go further than a four-point and it hasn't created any issues with getting in and out of the car...rear passengers are not suggested once you have metal bars going all over the place, but I've had people back there a few times.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the car is a track car in the making ... i have like all bmr componets except a k -member .... you could sell me a k-member with upper and lower arms & tell me about the new 400 dollar sway bar you guys came out with drag bar?? would it work half way decent on the street?? cause i drive my car on street as well as track..
Old 11-18-2011, 08:39 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

We have a package that sells the lowers and the K-member and can add in the uppers to a custom package. The new rear sway bar is proving to be much better than our last bar on the street. No mater how you slice it, the bar is a drag race only bar, but we have been able to limit the noise and you can adjust it to limit its impact on steering. So yes, it will be "decent" on the street, but don't go looking to eat up some corners. haha Unless you're into drifting!
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a wolf 6 point bolt in bar. Very nice piece, I'd recomend it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: any ideas on a roll cage ?