Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

DIY Subframe connectors ?? Who's done their own??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DIY Subframe connectors ?? Who's done their own??

Im thinking about building my own subframe connectors for my TA... If anyone has done their own, Id like to see pics if you got em...
Old 11-16-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

There was a thread not to long ago where a guy made his own and looked pretty good and tucked really nice too.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lethal bird
There was a thread not to long ago where a guy made his own and looked pretty good and tucked really nice too.
I searched diy subframe connectors but had no luck... if there is a link, Id like to see it. Then Ill delete this one...
Old 11-17-2011, 08:12 AM
TECH Addict

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I want to build my own custom set. I know there are threads on here but I cannot find the damn things... Help?
Old 11-17-2011, 08:23 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

They are honestly cheap enough that it really isn't worth time and headache to build them yourself unless it is something you really want to do. I am sure I can price you out a set that would be close to you would pay to make your own and be a lot less headache.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
They are honestly cheap enough that it really isn't worth time and headache to build them yourself unless it is something you really want to do. I am sure I can price you out a set that would be close to you would pay to make your own and be a lot less headache.
You have my attention sir... I prefer a weld in set.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:34 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
You have my attention sir... I prefer a weld in set.
PM sent.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really not worth the time and materials compared to what a nice pair of powerdcoated finished ones cost, but to each his own...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...cs-budget.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-sfc-help.html

http://dazed.home.bresnan.net/sub-frame.html
Old 11-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll throw our hat in the ring as well:

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...Path=7_113_263

I'm an at-home fabricator but when I see how our guys do it, I think "awesome"!

ramey
Old 11-17-2011, 09:53 AM
TECH Addict

Im really wanting a multipoint set. I guess I could get a box set and then tie them together.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

I did my own set and had them powder-coated and all. But the vendors on here are so cheap its ridiculous to build em. I had to buy a full length of tubing at my local steel place plus the powder coating~100 bucks. plus all the time.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Banned

UMI three points are like a vault. A great-fitting heavy duty powdercoated vault...
Old 11-17-2011, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by i6overboard
I did my own set and had them powder-coated and all. But the vendors on here are so cheap its ridiculous to build em. I had to buy a full length of tubing at my local steel place plus the powder coating~100 bucks. plus all the time.

Yea, thats what Im learning... Ill probably buy them... UMI and BMR seem to be some of the best quality for $150 or so... Is there a cheaper set out there? Im probably going to modify them so I dont want to cut up an expensive set....
Old 11-17-2011, 01:52 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Ours are $155 shipped for a weld in set that are powder coated.

You won't find any better quality parts on the market for a better price than what we have to offer. What you want to look at is material used on some of the products on the market today. Less cost usually means lesser material.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
Ours are $155 shipped for a weld in set that are powder coated.

You won't find any better quality parts on the market for a better price than what we have to offer. What you want to look at is material used on some of the products on the market today. Less cost usually means lesser material.
Damn i should have bought these instead of my spohns. I like these WAY better.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:19 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by lethal bird
Damn i should have bought these instead of my BRAND X. I like these WAY better.
We get that a lot when people see our product.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We get that a lot when people see our product.
I wish you guys would get a better catalog listing on your website. I plan to buy a bunch of stuff over thanksgiving. I sent an email to address listed on your website asking for pricing on some items. Let me what you have to offer and at what prices...
Old 11-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Banned

We have some nice install pics on our site showing how our SFC's tuck in almost to the point of un-noticeable. Except for how well the car responds.

Thanksgiving sale coming up!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=196

ramey
Old 11-17-2011, 04:47 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Capricio
I wish you guys would get a better catalog listing on your website. I plan to buy a bunch of stuff over thanksgiving. I sent an email to address listed on your website asking for pricing on some items. Let me what you have to offer and at what prices...
If there is an item out there for any type of vehicle we typically can build it. We are your one stop shop for sure with prices that blow others out of the water. Our normal prices usually beat everyone's sale prices and if they don't we will make it so, as long as it is a comparable product. We are not a retail store building stuff to sell we are a fabrication shop manufacturing items people need.

There is a huge difference between us and other manufactures on the market when it comes to sales. We build stuff that serves a purpose to get the job done and done right.

That's why guys like the Ohio boys ditched what they use to have and went with all MWC stuff. They can't stop talking how great of a move it has been for them and how their cars have never worked so good. Watch out for them setting records next year for sure with all MWC front and rear items.

If you need anything else just call the shop as we are more happy talking to customers over the phone than just seeing your credit card number come across the computer. We rather enjoy hearing from past, present, and even possible future customers and get feedback from them the same way they are getting information from us when they call.

I can also be reached at midwestchassis@hotmail.com
Old 11-17-2011, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you need anything else just call the shop as we are more happy talking to customers over the phone than just seeing your credit card number come across the computer. We rather enjoy hearing from past, present, and even possible future customers and get feedback from them the same way they are getting information from us when they call.

I can also be reached at midwestchassis@hotmail.com
Fair enough about talking on the phone, but for some of us it's hard to call during working hours. I prefer to do my research and shopping from home at my leisure, sometimes interrupted every 5 minutes. I'm not a pro racer, just a recreational enthusiast like probably 90% of the people on the forum.

Anyways, the website limitations make it hard for people like me to make a good comparison. I don't need anything custom fabricated or anything like that, just run of the mill non-adjustable TA, relocation bracket, and sway bars. After seeing your SFC design and pricing I'm curious to see what else you have. I sent you an email to your hotmail account.

Quick Reply: DIY Subframe connectors ?? Who's done their own??