Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 Ricers vs My tow vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 12:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Ricers vs My tow vehicle

About 2 months ago i picked up a new Silverado, Reg cab standard bed 4x2 with the 5.3/6l80e and a 3.42 locker. Truck ran 15.1@91.6 stock 4700lbs on the only pass i've done with it.

I was driving into Providence, Mexico when 3 rice boxes flew by me weaving through traffic. Even though i wasn't in my car, I couldn't pass up the opportunity, so i gave chase and ended up lining up with the lead Civic when we got a little room to run. He looked at me like i was crazy, and i motioned for him to go.

He took the hit from about 60mph, 5" exhaust blasting, and i walked right by, laughing and giving him a thumbs down as i passed. Put about 2 cars on him by 90mph and let off. The guy was furious and wouldn't come anywhere near me afterwards, taking off in traffic like a moron.

Shortly after the run with the Civic an Integra gave it a shot, and it was the same story. We didn't really get a clean start but it was clear he wasn't going to catch me before the 96mph speed limiter.

My truck still had the paper tags from the dealership on it at the time, so they had to know it was new/stock. Only thing i'm planning right now is an 87oct tune to clean up the throttle response, get rid of the TQ management and maybe gain 10-15hp. Other than that it's staying stock until it's out of warranty.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice kill beans. Trucks on the highway try to line up with me more than cars will. Usually it's not so good for them though. They underestimate a simple 4 door. Any plans for it, or is it going to be just a plow truck?

BTW, you were probably wishing you had your DSM don't you?
Old 11-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Haha. Remind me running around down here and stock camrys/corollas with fart cannons trying to take me.

They get these huge surprise looks on their face when you pull bus lengths on them as if it's an anomaly that a 400-500hp car is going to beat your 120hp car.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by willizm
Nice kill beans. Trucks on the highway try to line up with me more than cars will. Usually it's not so good for them though. They underestimate a simple 4 door. Any plans for it, or is it going to be just a plow truck?

BTW, you were probably wishing you had your DSM don't you?
I definitely wouldn't play with a 335 on the highway, lol. I know my limits, which is basically just rice.

I bought the truck to tow the DSM to the track, and haul my bike and other things around. I needed a tow vehicle and a new DD so it made sense. Right now i have no plans for it besides a tune (e-throttle lag annoys me), and probably won't do much with it in the future either. Even if i make power with it, it'll still handle and brake like a 4700lb truck.

I've thought about throwing a 100 shot on it and hunting entry level sports cars for laughs, but i'd rather leave it stock and reliable.

It would have been fun to have the DSM...many buslenghts would have been pulled. Oh well, the truck got the job done.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Haha. Remind me running around down here and stock camrys/corollas with fart cannons trying to take me.

They get these huge surprise looks on their face when you pull bus lengths on them as if it's an anomaly that a 400-500hp car is going to beat your 120hp car.
I believe it's called horsepower familiarity syndrome: Each and every one of there 120horsepower was so hard to come by and so fervently polished and cared for that they just assume there horses power is so much stronger then cars like ours have. We have so much excess power in comparison we wouldn't notice if a few broke there legs and had to be put down. A ricer's horse breaks its leg, the ricer then duct tapes a JDM 5" exhaust tip as a cast and lovingly tends it back to life on a diet of underglow lights and hoodscoops full of grain.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
I believe it's called horsepower familiarity syndrome: Each and every one of there 120horsepower was so hard to come by and so fervently polished and cared for that they just assume there horses power is so much stronger then cars like ours that have so much excess power in comparison we wouldn't notice if a few broke there legs and had to be put down. A ricer's horse breaks its leg, the ricer then duct tapes a JDM 5" exhaust tip as a cast and lovingly tends it back to life on a diet of underglow lights and hoodscoops full of grain.
loooooooooooool

that **** made me laugh
Old 11-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you, thank you, I'm here until lunch time.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
I believe it's called horsepower familiarity syndrome: Each and every one of there 120horsepower was so hard to come by and so fervently polished and cared for that they just assume there horses power is so much stronger then cars like ours have. We have so much excess power in comparison we wouldn't notice if a few broke there legs and had to be put down. A ricer's horse breaks its leg, the ricer then duct tapes a JDM 5" exhaust tip as a cast and lovingly tends it back to life on a diet of underglow lights and hoodscoops full of grain.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

hilarious. Great kills.