Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Developed a bad missfire L92

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Developed a bad missfire L92

Looking for some help from those who know better than I. I have a 2008 Sierra Denali 6.2L with 90,000 miles ive never had motor problems other than the rough idle that all of these motors had before they fixed the problem in the 09's. the last few weeks i have developed a bad miss under driving etween 1500 and 2200 RPM,s it shakes loose and runs fine above that. sounds like all the cylinders are not firing, sputters and knocks, i can hear the cylinders knock with the windows down, when i get the RPMs up and get on the gas it catches up and pulls hard. It has gotten worse lately, it did it once a few weeks ago then was fine. the next week the same thing, the last fow days it is doing it most of the time. the truck is stock other than a Volant intake. Time for plugs/wires? injector? problem with the DOD? should i trun off the DOD wit hmy programmer (dont use it anymore) and see if that helps?
its not throwing a code so im stumped.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok just drove it to the auto parts store to get MAF cleaner and TBI cleaner, on the way back it started sputtering and missing real bad, Stabilitrac and traction control off light came on then the check engine light came on, here are the codes it threw
PO0102 Mass air flow
PO300 random Missfire detected
PO341 Camshaft Position A circuit range performance Bank 1 or single sensor
WTF??????????
its going strait to the dealership now that its pulled a code, or should i do something first???
the motor is still under the 100/k warranty so i think dealership................?

Quick Reply: Developed a bad missfire L92