Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Got my Sphon LCA's on the car!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Sphon LCA's on the car!

They are the rod/rod cromoly versions. Very nice pieces, I must say. High quality. Every thing was adjusted corectly, tight, and pre-greased. They went in without a hitch.

Driving around there is a little more road noise and rattles than before, but there is no noise coming from the suspention whatsoever. NO squeaking commonly associated with the poly versions, and NO cluncking associated with some of the other brand's rod version. I can really only tell they are there on the roads where they have done crack-sealing or other road work. Oh, and when I punch the gas.

I still have yet to get my subframes on so I think that they should tie in some of the noise and get rid of some of the rattles created by the LCA's. If this is as bad as it gets for dual rod lca's then they are well worth it. I didnt really have wheel hop before but my car hooks better now that they are installed. Also, I used to be able to roast the tires at half throttle from a stop, now they just chrip a bit. When the tires do spin (when I want it to ) it tracks straight and true, unless I intentionally throw it sideways. Before, it would drift hard to the right pretty much no matter what I did. Then alot of counter steering would be involved. Not safe.

All in all, my opinion of these LCA's are that they are worth there weight in gold. Also, Im glad I didnt get any other type (I was once afraid of the noise). And by no means am I a Sphon bandwagoner. Just last week I posted about my SFC's I had to send back to them. However, He was very helpful over the phone, and he said he would refund even my shipping if there was a flaw in the product.

Ive never had any other LCA's on my car so I cant compare this product to others, but I really can imagine them being any better than what I have now.

SFC's are next. Take Care everyone.

Quick Reply: Got my Sphon LCA's on the car!