Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

full exhaust installed, car wont start today...help

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default full exhaust installed, car wont start today...help

i drove my car for a couple of times today with the new lt's catted y and hooker catback, everything seemed to be running great. i pull up to a drop some stuff off for a friend at his work turned the car off, came back out went to start it, and i got nothing. No electronics what so ever. no ticking nada...could the starter wire have been melted or something? would that cause no power what so ever? tried jumping it and had the same result, nothing changed

any input would be greatlya ppreciated thanks
Travis
Old 03-12-2004, 02:36 PM
Launching!

check the simple stuff first battey connections at the battery if not there it is possible you have a wire hitting the header somewhere and its shorted out you might try to look by the passengerside header and have someone hook up jumper cables while you look for a spark if you cant see anything touching good luck.I did my header install 2 weeks ago everything was fine until today one of plugs backed out causing it to throw codes like crazy took me an hour to find because I didnt check simple **** first.
Old 03-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Restricted User

did you put the starter in all the way? i assume you did because you started it again but maybe its lose?
Old 03-12-2004, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

From what i know the starter was in all the way, i had a buddy of mine tow it to myhouse cause i had to go head on to work till this evening, wheni figure out what it is ill make sure to post up , might be beneficial info to someone later. Im going to guess it has to do with my starter. cause it ran beautifully tilli stopped, turn it off walked into a store for about 10 minutes came back out and nothing...so i figure something was sitting next to the header...ill figure it out later thanks for the input fellas
Travis
Old 03-12-2004, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok its official...i seem to have caught the dumbass bug somewhere. car was in my drive wayw hen i got hom, my buddy very generously dropped it off for me. So right when i got home i pulled out allthe tools jacked the car up a litle, this and that gearing up for some trouble shooting, pop the hood, go to remove the negative side of the battery..only to find out that the negative side battery cable wasn't completely bolted in. So i tightened it down, dropped the car down, popped the clutch turned the key...what do you know...ima dumbass. thanks for the helpful hints fellas i appreciate it...i guess stupidity can get the best of us.
Travis
Old 03-13-2004, 06:28 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slik98z
ok its official...i seem to have caught the dumbass bug somewhere. car was in my drive wayw hen i got hom, my buddy very generously dropped it off for me. So right when i got home i pulled out allthe tools jacked the car up a litle, this and that gearing up for some trouble shooting, pop the hood, go to remove the negative side of the battery..only to find out that the negative side battery cable wasn't completely bolted in. So i tightened it down, dropped the car down, popped the clutch turned the key...what do you know...ima dumbass. thanks for the helpful hints fellas i appreciate it...i guess stupidity can get the best of us.
Travis
SIMPLE **** WILL GET YOU EVERY TIME