Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crank case ventilation.. will this work

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crank case ventilation.. will this work

i was messing around today and made me a crank case ventialtion system and what i did was took about 1 inch piece of 3/8 brake line drilled a hole in my header right near the collector and welded it in then took some 3/8 fuel line and ran it to one of the bungs on my valve cover. i did cut the brake like kinda slotted so it would crate a vortex and pull the crank case pressure out of my motor ( well i am hoping it will do that lol )

my question is do yall think this is a good way to vent the motor??? i am using the metco breather filter on the oil filler neck for fresh air to get in the motor
Old 11-23-2011, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

you need a check valve but other than that yes i think it will work
Old 11-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

What could I use for a check valve? ? Would a PVC valve inline with the hose to the header work?
Old 11-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Summit sells a nice kit that does that. Comes with a check valve. It works.

***Just gotta make sure it doesn't suck too strong and pull oil mist out of the crankcase or valve cover. I'm gonna put a filter on one valve cover, suck gases from the other valve cover.....but the filter is going to have a needle valve to regulate how much pull of fresh air I want. Don't want too much, just a little.

I'm doing it when my new engine goes in. Screw the stupid PCV systems.....they're hilarious. Oil into the intake.....hahahaha

There's also small electric vacuum motors about the size of an electric shaver that will continually suck gases from the crankcase, I might try one of those too.

Last edited by LS6427; 11-23-2011 at 11:44 PM.