Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Wife's car got new mods, still got pulled.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wife's car got new mods, still got pulled.

Last Sunday the wife and I were cruising to San Antonio down I10 for a little gettaway and to break in some of the new stuff on the car. (We were of course on the I10 that leads to San Antonio in Mexico, not the one in Texas.)Along beside us came a nice looking dark blue 4th Gen. Camaro.

In typical fashion she blipped the throttle at him as he was riding by. He immediatly responded by slowing down and getting next to us. We were going about 60 at this time. As soon as he got next to us though she gave him no chance to ready himself and mashed it, immediatly putting 2 lengths on him. He chased, but it was an unfair start and she let off within a few seconds still holding the two lengths.

Once again we got the cars lined up side by side, still about 60 MPH this time she tried to give him time to get ready, but the hair trigger of my wifes right foot went off as soon as she heard his car rev up from a downshift. She jumped again about a length and a half and he chased again to about 90 MPH where she let off because of an upcoming slight curve in the road. He flew by as she slowed. I told her alright, at least give this guy three honks next time, she then reminded me that the horn relay was out and that was her mechanics (my) fault.

"Ok, well let him move this time", I said.

One more time we got the two cars lined up again and slowed to about 50. She waited this time, he shifted down two gears and hit it, she was on it as soon as his front end was coming up. It was to no avail though, as we topped out second and went to third he pulled half a car. Throughout third to about 115 he made up another half a car putting our front wheel to his back bumper. That car sounded good at high RPM back by the exhaust!

I would like to tell the owner of that car that he has a great looking, sounding and running car. My wife also says she is not mad about losing to a fast LS1. But, I would be in trouble if a Mustang beat her.

I did get scolded for not bringing the nitrous bottle though. I defended and said we were supposed to be breaking in the car and tuning on this trip. I didn't even start on the mid to high VE tables and had way over enriched in the PE's for safety. My excuses were in Greek to her, and I had to just promise that it would get faster.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

good story......but pix of wife arent loading, damn mobile view

:grumble:
Old 11-27-2011, 02:10 AM
Staging Lane

'98 red Z with over 315,000...wow...and still running well...now i feel better at a little over 100,000...lololol...good kill and death, and make her happy and mod up more...trust me, never upset the mrs...
Old 11-27-2011, 03:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 41863nj
'98 red Z with over 315,000...wow...and still running well...now i feel better at a little over 100,000...lololol...good kill and death, and make her happy and mod up more...trust me, never upset the mrs...
naw they were in the IROC I thought. Or was he in his wifes geo metro? A little description would be nice as to WHAT you raced.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Staging Lane

Her car is the 00 transam.