Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For anyone interested in Speedhut gauges

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default For anyone interested in Speedhut gauges

Speedhut is having a "Black Friday" sale this weekend. If you want the best price on Speedhut gauges this is probably it.

I just bought a 4" speedo, 3 3/8" tach & 4" quad to replace the stock gauges in my 64 chevelle. I have been watching the pricing on this set of guages for the last year or so and the 25% special was more than I could pass up.

Cant wait to get them installed, they look awesome.

DISCLAIMER: I do not have any affiliation with speedhut, just trying to pass on info about a good online deal. www.speedhut.com
Old 11-26-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THank you sir I've been waiting for this. Ordering a GPS speedo and Tach today. Maybe some small gauges too we'll see...
Old 11-26-2011, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

If it's like the July 4th sale then the 25% stacks with the combo discount they always have. I picked up trio of 3 3/8 gauges and a few 2 1/16s as well for under a grand.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Yeah i got that email too. I have all the gauges that I need but at that discount i wanted more!! haha
Old 11-26-2011, 06:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I ordered gauges last week from Speedhut and to be honest its been a little bit frustrating. When I spoke to them on the phone to place the order I was under the impression that I was getting the Thanksgiving sale discount. Turns out I didn't and I could have saved another $50 by waiting until this weekend, so hopefully they make this right and give me the true sale price but I won't know anything until Monday. Also on the phone I asked about removing the "revolution logo" and I was informed that there was no charge to do so. The next day I get an email with my invoice and they charged me $40 ($10 per gauge) to remove it. This is kinda bad business practice because the person I ordered the gauges from on the phone gave me a total which I approved to be charged to my credit card and then they simply tack on an extra $40... Ended up discussing it with them and they agreed to refund half so $20 was a charge for something they told me there was no charge for. Then there was the $50 charge to rotate their "dual guages" from being side to side to top and bottom like I wanted, which I don't have a problem with because yes it is a custom thing that they just can't slap another copy out.

I guess all I'm getting at is make sure you understand that they find ways to get "extras" out of you.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are these just plug and play for LS motors in musclecars? I am still struggling (sent my gauges out in the spring for a guy to modify for electronic and can't get out of him). these are great price ($453 for tach, electronic speedo and quad gauge). I'm thinking of just getting these if I can cancel the mod to my gauges. Anybody install these yet in an old gm musclecar? How straightforward?

Thx!
Old 11-27-2011, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

What sort of dash do you have? On page 12 and 13 of my build thread I have my progress with the gauges so far. Was actually about to go try and get everything wired up later today, weather permitting. The level of plug and playability will depend on how you set your motor and gauges up the first time, but in my case the mounting of senders themselves turned out to be the easiest aspect of the process so far. Getting the gauges in depends on your dash I guess.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Launching!

From the factory the dash in my 64 has a 4" speedo, 4" quad, and 3 3/8" tach. The speedhut 4" gauges will fit perfectly but the tach will be very tight, may have to do some sort of slight mod to either the dash or gauge to get it to look right.

The thing I like about the speedhut gauges is I could pick the proper colors so after installed they will look almost exactly like the factory setup, both day and night.

Neal
Old 11-27-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just been using a 50$ eBay gps as a speedometer. Works fine
Old 11-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Wish I had the dough for this looks like good stuff
Old 11-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wish I was further along in my swap than I am so I could purchase a set of gauges. They look pretty nice. Thanks for letting me know about this place. I've never heard of them and will look into their gauges when I'm ready. Does anyone know how easy/well they work with a Painless LS1 Wiring Harness becaue thats what I may end up going with if I don't find something cheaper.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by FatfreeGTO
Yeah I ordered gauges last week from Speedhut and to be honest its been a little bit frustrating. When I spoke to them on the phone to place the order I was under the impression that I was getting the Thanksgiving sale discount. Turns out I didn't and I could have saved another $50 by waiting until this weekend, so hopefully they make this right and give me the true sale price but I won't know anything until Monday. Also on the phone I asked about removing the "revolution logo" and I was informed that there was no charge to do so. The next day I get an email with my invoice and they charged me $40 ($10 per gauge) to remove it. This is kinda bad business practice because the person I ordered the gauges from on the phone gave me a total which I approved to be charged to my credit card and then they simply tack on an extra $40... Ended up discussing it with them and they agreed to refund half so $20 was a charge for something they told me there was no charge for. Then there was the $50 charge to rotate their "dual guages" from being side to side to top and bottom like I wanted, which I don't have a problem with because yes it is a custom thing that they just can't slap another copy out.

I guess all I'm getting at is make sure you understand that they find ways to get "extras" out of you.

So I just want to say that Speedhut has really gone above and beyond and their customer service is second to none! They agreed to go back and give me the Thanksgiving sale discount that there was some confusion on when I placed my order, and they refunded the rest of the charge for removing their logo because they did say there was no charge at first. I'm really impressed with how they handled this and from everything I have read and seen online about their gauges I'm sure I will be equally impressed with the product that I receive. Can't wait to get them!!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet I ordered a temp gauge custom. They have a deal through Dec 16 of 20% off so if it looks good I'll order the tach and GPS speedo!! I was afraid I was going to have to wait months for another sale!
Old 02-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

Has anyone seen any new discount codes, promotion codes or have any knowledge of any sale prices available for SpeedHut today?

Quick Reply: For anyone interested in Speedhut gauges