Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best cam for stage 2.5 heads

Old 11-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best cam for stage 2.5 heads

so i have a set of texas speed 2.5 243 heads. Just got in today my ls7 lifters, in motion timing chain set, arp bolts for rods, heads, headers, etc Also got in a ported ls6 oil pump. as far as my next buy goes, i'm really looking to get help on either spec'n a cam out or choosing one off the shelf. this will be going in my ctsv which has a ls6. I want this cam noticeable and to put out some good numbers. really looking to see if i can push to the 500 hp n/a. I do like to drive the car every day due to the work truck getting boring. so don't suggest a cam thats too radical. thanks
Old 11-27-2011, 10:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had 9 cams. most off the shelf and two from Pat G. I feel Pat G is the way to go for a cam. He had improved My car on two combos with his cam work. It really don't cost much more and the wait isn't really any longer. I would say if you want the best call him up but since you already skimped on buying budget heads,you need all the help you can get....get a Pat G cam. lol
Old 11-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol yea, well actually i had the heads just laying around and thought i should put them to use. how can i get a hold of him? #? i tried to pm him but i think its gonna be impossible cause I'm sure his box is always full from other members.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Two cams here. One off the shelf by Futral Motorsports and another I had custom spec'd by them. Great way to go and should get you to reach your goals.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike c.
I would say if you want the best call him up but since you already skimped on buying budget heads,you need all the help you can get....get a Pat G cam. lol
why is that skimping ? that's what I have and many people run them with great results. I know they dont boast the highest flow numbers on whats out now however I would like to know

unless you mean the other persons N/A goal

Search this Thread