Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0133 and P0153 codes Can anyone help???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default P0133 and P0153 codes Can anyone help???

I have been getting these codes ever since I installed the exhaust system listed in my sig. I have done a lot of searching here and other forums. Does ANYONE have a fix for this issue???? Is this code affecting HP???

I have replaced the front O2s with new ones and I have tried putting rear (high wattage) O2s sensors in the front bungs, with the correct wiring adapters to front O2 wiring harness, from LG.... NOTHING WORKS!!!

I am pulling my hair with from this!!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2004, 08:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SideStep
I have been getting these codes ever since I installed the exhaust system listed in my sig. I have done a lot of searching here and other forums. Does ANYONE have a fix for this issue???? Is this code affecting HP???

I have replaced the front O2s with new ones and I have tried putting rear (high wattage) O2s sensors in the front bungs, with the correct wiring adapters to front O2 wiring harness, from LG.... NOTHING WORKS!!!

I am pulling my hair with from this!!!!!!!

This is a pretty common situation (lots of posts over the past couple of years in this forum and corvette forum). With long tubes the heated O2's may not get hot enough, hence the codes. There are a variety of solutions: using LS1 edit to eliminate the codes, using the rear O2's in the front position (with a wiring adaptor, necessary at least on vettes) and so forth. The latter solution comes from LG, who solved this problem on my car.

Do a search on both forums; you'll find lots of info.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:22 AM
BB
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to be in the external engine section for exhaust. If oil does not touch it its external. For codes look in the PCM section.

There are tons of threads about these codes in the PCM section. It means your O2 sensors are damaged or old, or the wires burnt or cut, or you have a bad exhaust leak.

Read all the threads in:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=197491
https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=197550
Old 03-13-2004, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

(EDIT: Mine were the front O2 Sensors, so you should be able to have someone delete them with LS1EDIT. It shouldnt cause your car to run bad since it's the rears.)

I have been fighting these codes forever. I "may" have it solved now, hopefully. It's been a couple days with no codes. If it's not fixed, I'm about ready to put the car back to bone stock seriously. I'm sick of my car running like crap.

My car would go in to a "limp in" mode when the codes were set and surge and idle horrible (up and down idle 300-800 rpms), which I beleive is because of the cam. Without the cam I think it would have run "much" better. My car ran worse and would get worse mileage when the codes are set. Although it's drivable after letting it sit running, it's a BITCH.

I had to have the computer reprogrammed, and it has taken a few times to get it right hopefully "knock on wood".

I tried sensors, looking for exhaust leaks, nothing seemed to work.

Good Luck!
Steve
Old 03-13-2004, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SPEED DOG
This is a pretty common situation (lots of posts over the past couple of years in this forum and corvette forum). With long tubes the heated O2's may not get hot enough, hence the codes. There are a variety of solutions: using LS1 edit to eliminate the codes, using the rear O2's in the front position (with a wiring adaptor, necessary at least on vettes) and so forth. The latter solution comes from LG, who solved this problem on my car.

Do a search on both forums; you'll find lots of info.

I don't think you read my post.... I HAVE tried all those things you mentioned...

Admins... Please move this where it needs to be... thanks..

Quick Reply: P0133 and P0153 codes Can anyone help???