Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which mufflers for true duals?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 08:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which mufflers for true duals?

I am planning to run true duals from directly behind the stock cats. My question is should I go with the original 40 series flowmasters or the newer 10 series 1 chamber race mufflers? How much louder would either of these be over the 80 series? Should I stick with 2.5 or go with 3 inch. I want it to be loud but I don't want to wake the dead. Exhaust will exit in stock location. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-13-2004, 08:56 AM
TECH Veteran

please try doing a search, someone else just asked this same question yesterday and there is a few good threads on this, try searching for "mufflers" & "true duals" and you should come up with many threads to look at for answers.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 1/2 With magnaflow round mufflers.

Its going to be loud either way.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

CamaroCain, I have done a search on the true duals. I have the soundclips of CountryBoys duals with the 10 series and his fathers setup with the 40 series. I am asking how much louder are the 40 and 10 series over the 80 series in person? Also since I am still running stock manifolds and cats I think that the 2.5 would be the best size pipe. I am thinking that the 3 inch would actually hurt the performance because of the exhaust gases slowing down and that the stock manifolds don't flow great to begin with. Just what someone to confirm this. I would prefer to to this only once that is why I am asking questions.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

2.5" is plenty for your car. Are you doing headers anytime soon? if so, i would wait to do it all at once. as far as which muffler is louder, i honestly dont know, i have dynomax bullets and theyre pretty damn loud (especially at WOT)
Old 03-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Teching In

I still have my cats but I run no mufflers at all after my x-pipe. 2.5 all the way back to 4 inch slash tips. It sounds great and is not as loud as you think little bit louder and deeper than the LM.