Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Nitrous

Old 11-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New to Nitrous

Hey guys, I'm new to nitrous. My buddy selling me his old nitrous set up for cheap im thinking of buying it. All I need is brakets and a bottle warmer but my question is can I run it with my set up with no problem, I have a 02 Z 6 speed with ls6 heads tsp ms4 kit, headears, exhaust, stock injectors the set up makes 435 rwhp 416 rwtq, one buddy said I need to get bigger injectors?
Old 11-29-2011, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

to play it safe i would do both injectors and fuel pump, especially if its a dry kit. Im having a hell of a time getting a good a/f on just a 75 shot dry with way less mods. Then again i dont have much luck sometimes so my situation could just be unique.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Teching In

what size injectors?and what fuel pump is best
Old 11-29-2011, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Talking koolllllllllllllllll dude...

Originally Posted by 408sharkmaro
what size injectors?and what fuel pump is best
WILL 255,PUMP,AN START AT30 POUNDERS, WHICH IS GOOD TO 360HP TO THE REAR WHEEL.. I DON,T KNOW YOUR H/P..
REMERBER, U GOT TO FEED THE ENGINE,AN THE NOS...........
Old 11-29-2011, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not n2o or fuel guru but your making good power already but I'm sure with 100 shot your going to need at least a pump. Are you going to go wet or dry? What are your injectors duty cycle right now?
Old 11-29-2011, 02:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

What injectors do you have now? You will need to upgrade the pump for sure
Old 11-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chknhwk01
WILL 255,PUMP,AN START AT30 POUNDERS, WHICH IS GOOD TO 360HP TO THE REAR WHEEL.. I DON,T KNOW YOUR H/P..
REMERBER, U GOT TO FEED THE ENGINE,AN THE NOS...........
Im at 435 rwhp and guys im running stock injectors, is it good to go with 42 pound injectors??
Old 11-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KING Z28 HAWK
I'm not n2o or fuel guru but your making good power already but I'm sure with 100 shot your going to need at least a pump. Are you going to go wet or dry? What are your injectors duty cycle right now?
I belive its a wet kit
Old 11-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KING Z28 HAWK
Im not sure but the dude that tuned it said my injectors are maxed out pretty much pumping out as much fuel as they can, and im planning to use a 100 shot
Old 11-30-2011, 11:15 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 408sharkmaro
Im not sure but the dude that tuned it said my injectors are maxed out pretty much pumping out as much fuel as they can, and im planning to use a 100 shot
well.. I can help out with some info

your stock injectors are probably already pretty much maxed out...
somebody suggested a set of 30lb injectors...
but they arent a stock spray pattern, and really arent the right thing for the job..

you want a Bosch style injector, just like stock

I actually have a set of 36lb injectors for sale(ASA Corvette uses this injector)
and I can give you the injector data needed to put in the tune to make best use of them

as far as the rest goes...
you will need an upgrade to your fuel pump
I would highly suggest the Racetronix Pump with the Wiring Kit
easy to install, plug and play, works well...

if there isnt any kind of timing controller with the kit, then you just have to do it another way....
either leave the timing pulled all the time, or add a resistor inline with the IAT so that when you switch the nitrous on, it includes the resistor, and raises the perceived IAT tp a really high value, and you use your IAT table to pull timing(which is what most of timing controllers do anyways)
hell.. you could even just make up a connector that you plug in when you want to use nitrous, and plug the IAT back in when you arent using nitrous...
even just a simple resistor shoved in the connector and sealed with some e-tape will get the job done..

one of the issues with stock rails is that the pumps still flow a constant volume because of how it is regulated...
which means when you use the rail for the fuel side of your kit, you get it all from the drivers side... leaving the passenger side starving for pressure...
the pressure drop on the passenger side = going way lean = BOOM...broken engine

because of this...
at a minimum...you need to upgrade your fuel rails...to a system that goes in the drivers side, crosses the rear, comes thru the passenger side, and then finally hits a fitting to go to the fuel side of your wet kit.

you might also consider getting fuel pressure regulator and upgrading your Fuel system while you are at it...not 100% necessary... but a really nice upgrade to do.
like a nasty nate kit (Just google nasty performance)
its a little bit of work to do that... but since you are going to have the tank out anyways... might as well upgrade if you can, and its pretty easy once you've gotten that far anyways.

Hell.. I had my stock lines out of the car and the new AN line in the car in less than an hour
Old 11-30-2011, 11:22 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by karpetcm
to play it safe i would do both injectors and fuel pump, especially if its a dry kit. Im having a hell of a time getting a good a/f on just a 75 shot dry with way less mods. Then again i dont have much luck sometimes so my situation could just be unique.

your issue is most likely the pressure drop I just mentioned in the post above if you are still using the stock rails and a wet kit using the banjo/schrader valve on the rails themselves.
very common problem that a lot of people dont even think about.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Thanks! so the nasty nate kit pretty much has everything I need except the fuel rails?
Old 11-30-2011, 11:56 AM
8 Second Club

fuel rails are part of his fuel system kits...

or you can buy just the fuel rails...

I always suggest a full kit...
you are only going to want to go faster, so why not be ready for the expansion

Search this Thread