Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous or converter

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous or converter

I have a 99 ws6 lid,lts,3" true all the way out, 4.11s,9" tune. can get a nitrous kit or converter what one should I get first......
Old 11-30-2011, 07:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man that's a big decision to make. A converter in a car that can put all the power down to the wheels that it can like yours since you have a 9", a converter should be an easy .5 second gain in e.t. and so can a 150 shot of N20. I would go with the converter first, but you wouldn't be doing anything wrong going with the nitrous kit. That's a decision your going to have to make. Both will really wake your car up.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

A converter is a great upgrade and you will want decide if you will be adding nitrous in the future if you get one. Nitrous will effect your stall speed so it is part of the deciding factors. It will drop your et approximately .5 but not much more. Nice thing is on the street it will make light to light much more fun and not effect your daily driving much if any at all. The performance gain is there every time you drop the hammer and that is nice.

Nitrous will be a great upgrade and can easily drop a full second plus off your time. Generally a 100 shot will drop right about a full second. 150 is usually just shy of 1.5. Therefore nitrous will drop much more et then a converter but it is power you only have with the kit turned on.

I think if I had to choose I would go with nitrous first. Bigger gain, generally cheaper, and the amount you are spraying will help you choose a converter.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
A converter is a great upgrade and you will want decide if you will be adding nitrous in the future if you get one. Nitrous will effect your stall speed so it is part of the deciding factors. It will drop your et approximately .5 but not much more. Nice thing is on the street it will make light to light much more fun and not effect your daily driving much if any at all. The performance gain is there every time you drop the hammer and that is nice.

Nitrous will be a great upgrade and can easily drop a full second plus off your time. Generally a 100 shot will drop right about a full second. 150 is usually just shy of 1.5. Therefore nitrous will drop much more et then a converter but it is power you only have with the kit turned on.

I think if I had to choose I would go with nitrous first. Bigger gain, generally cheaper, and the amount you are spraying will help you choose a converter.
This is just about spot on.

Your the first person I've come across on here with the same join date as me and close in posts
Old 11-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Launching!

ok cool guys thanks, if i did get nitrous will i have to change the fuel pump for like a 100 shot....
Old 12-01-2011, 06:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

i went 11.2 @ 125 on stock converter, the thing is, you wont just spray a 100 shot, just do the pump and spray 125-150. say u run a 12.01, you dont think u will change the jets just to get into the 11's. theres always that itch.
i got my car dyno tuned before i sprayed, luckily i did, because my air fuel was way off cause i had a mail order tune.
next thing for me is converter... good luck.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

I myself put the bottle on before the stall with only 100 shot on bolt ons and it sure was a fun ride.Im now wanting to do the stall but im still in the decision whether to go bigger pump and go a 150 shot.On the street it hooks ok until the gas hits and leaves black lines but when it comes on at 3k im already moving,if i had a big stall it would be tyre fry city from get go.I think a nice ss3600 would be awesome with a small shot.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by vbls
i went 11.2 @ 125 on stock converter, the thing is, you wont just spray a 100 shot, just do the pump and spray 125-150. say u run a 12.01, you dont think u will change the jets just to get into the 11's. theres always that itch.
i got my car dyno tuned before i sprayed, luckily i did, because my air fuel was way off cause i had a mail order tune.
next thing for me is converter... good luck.
Thats an awesome time.Do you have a built box?
Old 12-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Since none of your other mods are in need of the stall I'd go with the nitrous first, theres nothing like racing someone and getting beat then turning around and whooping them by lengths because you turned the bottle on that they have no clue about Another way to look at it is that if you plan on doing a cam in the near future then a stall would be a good upgrade to get out of the way.

Quick Reply: Nitrous or converter