Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 BMW with TT LSX

Old 11-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 BMW with TT LSX

It's been a long time since I've posted. My original plan a few years ago was to build a TT 3rd gen camaro, but a motorcycle wreck and broken back, plus a job change and what not derailed my project. Things have settled down now and I've decided to undergo a big project. I bought this car back in March

and planned on just using it a DD. But, I've fallen in love with the looks and the way it drives. So, I've decided, with the help of a few LSX fanatic friends, to tear it down this spring. I'm waiting on a quote from VirginiaSpeed for their LS402TT engine, and should have the engine here by April or so. GForce 6 speed trans, custom 3 link suspension, 10pt cage, and a bigstuff 3 controller. I've already contacted a company that makes motor mounts and tranny crossmembers to swap it, hardest part will be the cage and wiring with the crazy bmw can-bus they use for all the different controllers. May just try and get rid of it completely and rewire the car. So that's the project. It will be a couple months before I start really tearing into it, but I will update as soon as things get moving. Work gets CRAZY from about January to April, so it's just going to be parts collecting. The rear fenders will be widened a bit to fit an 11" wheel and 305 tire, along with a few other subtle body mods. Should be a fun project!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribed! Look forward to seeing this!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Launching!

i heard the new megasquirt 3 can run can-bus
Old 12-01-2011, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Nice!
Old 12-02-2011, 02:12 PM
rao
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like fun
Old 12-02-2011, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01GMC5.3
i heard the new megasquirt 3 can run can-bus
It does, but does it understand non-megasquirt controllers? My guess w/ some amount of work it could be figured out.

http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms3/can.html
Old 12-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Staging Lane

I think out of simplicity, ill be getting rid of it almost completely. My only concern its the body module and a/c working with the new stuff Hopefully I can just piggy back them together.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

Well I haven't updated this in a while. I changed jobs again and things were looking good. I decided to do a simple 5.3 turbo build for it while i built a really serious lsx engine for it. But, sadly I was run off the road a while back and this was the result of that.

Ended up clipping a curb, rolling the car and smashing into a stone retaining wall. Broke my tibia and now have a titanium rod in my leg, broke some ribs, punctured a lung, and had brain hemorrhaging. I was in the hospital for 5 days. I feel blessed to be alive. I'm on a search to find another e46 that I can swap, or possibly another 3rd gen.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well It is good that you are still here. As you can see the car did it's job saving you. Good luck, quick recovery, and have fun!
Old 06-10-2012, 04:11 PM
RMB
On The Tree

Damn ! That is terrible ! Glad your OK ! ****, I hope your ok, suffered a broken back the last time you got into some ****, hopefully this time you came out w/o any damage. Anyhoo... Goodluck with the re-group.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 05 BMW with TT LSX