Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Heater Problem (Relay?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 01:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX Heater Problem (Relay?)

After about a week of getting my system installed, my NX heater crapped out. The bottle just wouldn't warm up. After I troubleshot the problem, I found it that the relay had gone bad (power going in, no power coming out). So, I went to NAPA and got a replacement. Now just yesterday, after about a week of the heater working again, it stopped working again. In a little while I'll take the spare tire out (that's where the wiring and relay are) and start troubleshooting again.
My question is, if it turns out that this relay also went bad, what could be causing this? I didn't do the initial install, but if you guys have any ideas on what I should look for, I'd appreciate it. In the 6 or so weeks I've had my system, it's been working for maybe 2, so I'm a little frustrated. TIA.

Tim
Old 03-13-2004, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm local to you if you want me to go through the wiring and check it out. I have the same system, and don't have any issues with the heater.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:03 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by strokedls1
I'm local to you if you want me to go through the wiring and check it out. I have the same system, and don't have any issues with the heater.
Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. I was going through the system today, and couldn't really find anything wrong. I did see that the female connector to the heating pad had some oxidation on it (which I think might indicate that there is a short in the heating pad itself, and causing it to draw too much current). But aside from that, I couldn't find anything. Anyway, when I put it back together, the heater started working. I mean, I'm glad that it's working again, but it's pretty hard to troubleshoot an intermittent problem. Anyway, for now, I don't think there's anything to do but wait for it to stop working again. If it does stop working again, I may take you up on your offer. Thanks again.