Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 inch y pipe suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 inch y pipe suggestions

I put in pacesetter headers this week, I have a 2.5 inch y pipe with two highflow cats and a hooker catback, at idle i can't even tell the long tubes are there. I wanna try a 3 inch y pipe with a single 3 inch highflow cat in the Intermediate pipe to pull a few more ponies and a little more sound out of my set up. Which company makes a decent y pipe that would fit the pace setters well? how much do you think it might cost for me to have a shop fab up a off road y pipe for me (3 inch)?
Thanx
Travis
Old 03-13-2004, 07:13 PM
TECH Regular

save your money, a 2.5" y pipe flows about 450 hp. get a dump, or loose the cats. racrx
Old 03-13-2004, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having all of that air moving through one cat, high flow or not isn't going to do much. According to flowmaster, 2.5" is good up to 400rwhp. You are over that w/ the N20 shot. May I suggest true duals High flow cats, into an X-pipe, then into two mufflers should work nicely.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

true duals would definately be nice, but due to the shitty streets the option i had of under the axle i had to toss out the window. dumps i've never really liked the tone imo there is too much bass in the exhaust tone, and over the axle just seems a bit too indepth for me to do myself.

so you think the exhaust set up i have now could handle my power? i barely shoot the juice anymore and i have put in the 75 jets (approximately 63 rwhp 108 rwtq *if my memory serves me correctly), do you think id benefit from gutting my high-flow cats? i can get magnaflow hiflowcats for cheap so im not worried about having to switch them out for emissions. However, I have heard that gutted cats have a different sound than just a straight pipe put in place. Basically i have to have the cats in for visual, cops go through spirts here if they want to pull you over for exhaust. so i just need the cats there so they can see that they are there and they wont do anything normally. but i dunno if it would enhance my power output or sound output a whole lot...who has done this with lt's?
thanx for the info/opinions fellas i really appreciate it.
Travis