Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jake's Performance Updates

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 04:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Jake's Performance Updates

A little update for everyone about Jake's Performance.

We're growing and expanding which means we are looking for a few things.

First,
I'm considering entering the 4L60E market.
I've mostly left this to the other big players in the industry as this has never been my favorite unit looking at it from a design perspective. However it is a workable unit up to a point. I think we can offer as good of a unit as anyone AND be honest about the capabilities, as well as be competitively priced.
I've built them for 600 HP combos with great long term success I just think they are best served for the stock to ~500 HP range.
So that is what we are going to target.
Most likely a fairly standard build that maybe we'll get caught up enough to keep some on the shelf for quick delivery.

That said,
I'm looking for local DFW area vehicles to use for a proving grounds.
This means,
We're looking for those of you who are running solid 7 second 1/8th mile times or possibly high 6's.
I want it to be a vehicle that sees the track relatively often.
I expect wheels up pics.

We may finish developing the transbrake I've been working on for them in the near future.

Here's the deal.
It will be an "at cost" unit for a handful of testers. That means, you pay for the parts and my labor cost (no shop costs or BS added), just what it actually costs me to build one.

I've extended this deal a few times when I was initially marketing my 4L80E transbrakes and I got burned, I have yet to see any of those guys with their supposed 1000 HP combos get to the track.

Before we take on the build, I will expect to see some time-slips, pics, video, etc.

That said,
I will also be looking for a capable tech to come work for us in the near future. We've been 2-8 weeks backlogged all year and expect to get busier next year. I want a gearhead, who eats and breathes this stuff, like I did when I was young.
So email me resumes at jake@jakesperformance.com.
Familiarity with LS engines, basic auto repair, some electronics, and previous shop experience are a plus. The most important thing is a willingness and ability to learn. I can teach you from Teardown 101 to the Design process.

Lastly,
It's the Holiday Season. I would like to run a sale if we can get a bit caught up. We're still backlogged 2-3 weeks right now.
I'm looking for suggestions as to what would be a popular sale.
Optishift Controllers?
4L80E's?
transbrakes?
Package combos?

You guys tell me what you want and we'll do a worthwhile sale. Maybe something as simple as transmission coolers?

We've done several improvements the last few months to increase our production so we're ready to get busy!

Last edited by Jake's Performance; 12-02-2011 at 05:11 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much would you charge for a complete assembelt semi-built 4L80E with shipping?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Ooooh optishift sale! You never see those on sale, would sell like hotcakes
Old 12-05-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

You're requirements for the job opening... I meet like all of the requirements save for shop experience, and ESPECIALLY the willingness to learn... That would be so perfect for an interview, if only you guys weren't 45 miles away :[ Not even the distance that stops me, more the fear of traffic and showing up late.

Brb, crying myself to sleep tonight.

Might still make a drive out and try anyways (100% serious).
Old 12-05-2011, 06:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

if i cant find a job after college.......UNT student here.......i might apply.....ps i did my 700r on my living room floor...turned out great
Old 12-05-2011, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CONGRATS.
email sent
Old 12-19-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

jake looking forward to talking to you in a few days about a 4l80 build with a brake.
I have a 2006 gto with a f1 procharger that was pushing 12psi on a built 364 9:1 ls2
235 239 620 624 114 cam, ported 243 heads and a 4l65e that I built here in my own shop with a pro yank converter
this combo went best of 10.7 at 131.7 with a 1.8 60ft foot brake.
the new combo will be a 365 ls2 with a maxed out f1r lookin to go low 9s next year if I can get the car finshed.
I have sitting in the shop a 4l80e that im looking forward to get some input on building to get this 4000lbs car to stand up off the line
vid of one of the passes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beqmkAWHJDQ
Old 12-20-2011, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

We have quite a few customers running our 4L80E's in GTO's.

4K lbs is not a problem, it's where we know a 4L60E won't live reliably with power, and where a 4L80E was designed to work.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would deffinatlly like to see some 4l60e stuff from you guys(like the lil maual box you have for the 80). I built a 80 for my buddys 80 behind a 418 with ls3 heads, and we put one of you boxes on it. I will say i was vary suprised @ how simple and well it work. with that and a transgo shift kit, it shifts very fast and quick.
I wish i wasnt up in pa lol. You guys are in texas right? I have worked at a trannsmission shop for 8 years now and have always been a mechanic. I have built alot of cars, From building the motors,trans,rearends,wiring,ect.And in the past 3 years i have started doing Ls stuff because its so easy to make power.
Maybe a relocation would be possible lol. (what are you offering lol jk).
Big props on the work and stuff that you guys make. And as i said, I look foward to you making 60e stuff
Old 12-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Teching In

I'm looking at building a 750+ combo for a turbo setup in a heavy chevy in the near future. Obviously launching a heavy car on boost against a TB is always a bit brutal on trans/drivetrain parts. Sent you guys an email. I'm in Austin so not too far from you guys. Still looking for a newer core as this is a ground up build.

Quick Reply: Jake's Performance Updates