Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Alkycontrol & D1SC J-Bracket Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Alkycontrol & D1SC J-Bracket Q&A

The bracket for the 8 Rib says use the longer spacers, I have heard some say that they did not even use the spacers, and that all that mattered was that it faced the front leveled out, and the belt lined up on the pulley well. Anyone have any knowledge of a good thread with write ups on how to install the J bracket for 8 Rib setups? I think the manual is saying that you use 1.65 for 6 Rib and 1.75 & 1.85 for 8 rib. Once I get this down pat I can mount the head unit and get back to the belts and Mount the FMIC and run piping and methanol. Cut the bumper and fire it up, put it together and fire it up....easier said than done though.

Also what is the preferred place to mount the Alkycontrol Pump with a clean install being the goal. The wire mod is something I will be tackling soon after this is done and engine dress-up...I did not want to make it worse than it already was from factory.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:54 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

You have to space the j-bracket out further from the motor. Here's why. The pulley on the procharger faces the back of the car, while the pulley on the crank faces the front of the car. So take your six rib setup and now add two more ribs to it. The two ribs on the procharger extend towards the back of the car, and the two ribs on the crank entend forward. So now in order to line up all 8 ribs, the procharger needs to move towards the front of the car the width of the two additional ribs.

Does that make sense?
Old 12-04-2011, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

yes it makes sense. i have it on and the headunit is bolted on tightly now. the alternator has mere a mere millimeter or two between it and the procharger 4.13 pulley that i have on it. im not sure if i should use the longer standoff to push it out further, but that causes the bracket to be in further on the top and its in a slant. i prefer for it to be facing level. i think it will work. as long as the procharger cant move backwards which i doubt it can it will be ok. now i just need to find out why my belt that procharger sent is waaay too long. i have it routed properly and i know that even once i tension it it would still be too long. we are quite sure they sent the wrong belt. any idea about where the best place is to mount the alkycontrol?
Old 12-04-2011, 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

few vids. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKB4BrsMmvY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoUQDEAUSug
Old 12-05-2011, 06:28 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
yes it makes sense. i have it on and the headunit is bolted on tightly now. the alternator has mere a mere millimeter or two between it and the procharger 4.13 pulley that i have on it. im not sure if i should use the longer standoff to push it out further, but that causes the bracket to be in further on the top and its in a slant. i prefer for it to be facing level. i think it will work. as long as the procharger cant move backwards which i doubt it can it will be ok. now i just need to find out why my belt that procharger sent is waaay too long. i have it routed properly and i know that even once i tension it it would still be too long. we are quite sure they sent the wrong belt. any idea about where the best place is to mount the alkycontrol?

You need to push out the j-bracket equally on all the mounting points, not just two of them.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

yeah...they are equal. thats what im getting at. the fact that they are equal is great. i was just wondering if everyone elses supercharger pulley is as close to the alternator as mine is. id be betting that the 6 rib guys are using some finesse to get them in without touching it. hope the boy is enjoying soccer alchemist.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The distance of the pulley to the head unit is a constant. It's the same on a 6, 8, 10, 12 rib (I've had 6, 8, 12 and cog). The distance between the last rib on the crank blower pulley and the first rib on the balancer is a constant (given you're you're using the procharger pullies that have the .100 countersink to fit over the ATI balancer hub). So the only variable is the spacing on the J-bracket which aligns the crank blower pulley with the head unit pulley. Spacing between the alternator and the blower pulley will be the same regardless of the number of ribs you run... Yes, it's close, but 1mm??? I don't recall what the initial blower setup was on the 8 rib, but I remember having to put a couple measured machine washers between the standoffs and J-bracket to get a TRUE belt alignment. Eyeing alignment up isn't enough. Given the distance, a half rib off is outside of tolerance and WILL shred belts. I'd double check your belt alignment with an alignment tool if you can get your hands on one. Belts are pricey.

Last edited by crashinaz; 12-06-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine was close to my alternator too man.

the belt you need for a 4.13 blower pulley and a 7.65" crank pulley

DB408I-008

http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-DPxxx...-ATI-DPxxx.htm
Old 12-07-2011, 12:04 AM
TECH Addict

thanks allout06. and btw where are my vids man. i may have exaggerated a little on how close it is to the alternator.....i mean it is not like there is alot of room inside these engine bays to begin with.

its probably 2-5mm away but only about enough for a few coins to go into. i could not be more pleased with how well it has lined up with the main pulley though. they are lined up perfectly. Talked with John @ Procharger tech support and he made good on the mishap with them shipping me the 55 inch Indiana Jones whip. He sent me a new one right out and gave me a return shipping lable and RMA # to send the other one back in and took the time to finish my registration. great customer service with those guys and with brutespeed as well. bob is a wealth of knowledge and were lucky to have him trolling the forums.

any word as to the best place to mount that hugeass alkycontrol pump. so far i think im going to go with the front bumper since it will be lower than the tank and close to the resevoir. i have been searching despite what you may think. ....and a big thanks to brianwright in KY who is sending me the thing needed to hold the 2bar in place so i can delete the stock maf. his dyno results on 10 lbs with stock exhaust and a weakly a4 were 541rwhp, and 470rwtq on meth. believe bluecat tuned it.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:33 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

thanks allout06. and btw where are my vids man. i may have exaggerated a little on how close it is to the alternator.....i mean it is not like there is alot of room inside these engine bays to begin with.

its probably 2-5mm away but only about enough for a few coins to go into. i could not be more pleased with how well it has lined up with the main pulley though. they are lined up perfectly. Talked with John @ Procharger tech support and he made good on the mishap with them shipping me the 55 inch Indiana Jones whip. He sent me a new one right out and gave me a return shipping lable and RMA # to send the other one back in and took the time to finish my registration. great customer service with those guys and with brutespeed as well. bob is a wealth of knowledge and were lucky to have him trolling the forums.

any word as to the best place to mount that hugeass alkycontrol pump. so far i think im going to go with the front bumper since it will be lower than the tank and close to the resevoir. i have been searching despite what you may think. ....and a big thanks to brianwright in KY who is sending me the thing needed to hold the 2bar in place so i can delete the stock maf. his dyno results on 10 lbs with stock exhaust and a weakly a4 were 541rwhp, and 470rwtq on meth. believe bluecat tuned it.

Thanks for the comments.

Some people mount the pump behind the driver side head light. You might want to see if it will work there for you. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: Alkycontrol & D1SC J-Bracket Q&A