Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine issues or am i buggin out cam and questions to

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 02:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine issues or am i buggin out cam and questions to

Idk if I'm bugging or what I have a 02 ws6 ls1 and when I start it up it stumbles for maybe 10-15 seconds then it begins to idle right the start up is occasionally followed by a back fire when I'm in the car i can hear all the lifters rockers etc.. coming from the. Vents the engine has a somewhat moderate to loud ticking at idle my ehaust is so loud I really cant hear ne thing after I go but I get a puffing sound from the bottom end I know its not a spun bearing maybe and exhaust leak idk but also I've been looking at exhaust setups and it seems that my headers are sitting too low to the point it scrapes almost ever speed bump I approach alp long tubes so I was looking at replacing the pushrods and lifters while I was at it and started to c that was going to be too expensive so I might ad well replace.the heads and cam (seen packages going from 1500) to get to the point r these normal noises I'm hearing or am I just bugging I can upload a vid clip of the start up and idle if need be and also what kind of cam head package should I go for I don't want a crazy cam just some thump and hp would be nice and how low are headers supposed to sit under the car thanx in advance
Old 12-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Staging Lane

put a screwdriver around the engine and listen for any weird sounds.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:55 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

does it have a cam now? have you checked for an exhaust leak, did you just get in the car one day and this started, was it after running it hard etc, also there is not enough info to tell you what h/c package to go with, i had a issue like this and it was a stock bent rod,and broken spring but stayed running rough. but you need to find where its coming from first off, find where its at then post back
Old 12-05-2011, 07:31 AM
Teching In

How to post a video I just recorded a clip to be honest I'm starting to think its a spun bearing its coming from the bottom of the block the ticking sound
Old 12-06-2011, 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

is the car cammed right now? like stated above did the issue come out of no where or was this the result of something (i.e. over-rev)?