Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Internal Tune-Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 03:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Internal Tune-Up

My cam-only car is pushing 140,000 miles. I would like to keep the engine running reliably for a few more years without having doing a full rebuild. I haven't touched anything inside the engine since the car was purchased "modded" at 100,000miles.

Car has full boltons and headers, new waterpump, new alternator, new transmission/clutch, AC and everything else works fine. Engine mods right now are torquer 2 cam, ported tb/ls6 intake, tsp pushrods, patriot dual springs/locks/tit.retainers, ported ls6 oil pump, ls2 timing chain.

The patriot springs have 40,000+ miles on them so I'm defeinetely going to replace them over the holidays. I was wondering if I should upgrade to some ls7 lifters while I'm at it? Right now it has the factory lifters, not sure how long they are made to last..

I know if I just change the valvesprings I'll need some valve cover gaskets, but for the lifters I'll have to drain the coolant and oil, and replace a lot more gaskets. Should I do both or just the valvesprings? Also any other recomendations to keep the engine fresh? I run nothing but synthetic oil & k&n oil filters, what's a good synthetic weight for high mileage?

Thanks
Old 12-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the oil just use a high mileage synthetic 5w-30 like Mobil 1. Or just keep using a quality synthetic.

Let others chime in on the rest..