Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G5X-3 question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default G5X-3 question?

I have this cam sitting in my garage but I'm having second thoughts about putting it in. Partly b/c it's so big as far as lift and duration for a stock cube motor and the question of streetability and reliability will arise. I have over heard some people talking about how the car won't make good power and torque until much higher rpm's. I won't something that I can drive evryday but at the same time I want a cam that is going to make good times at the track. What would you guys suggest, keep what I've got or go with a smaller cam?

BTW, I was going to spray nitrous occasionally with the X3 which is part of the reason that I went with the 114 LSA. Also I have some 2.5 heads that will be here friday if that makes a difference in your decision.
:thumbs:
Old 03-14-2004, 12:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The X3 is not as big as some people make it out to be. There are much larger cams on the market in stock bottom ends making good power. The X3 will be a good cams and will like the nitrous.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

put it in and have some fun
Old 03-15-2004, 01:06 AM
TECH Resident

Plain and simple the X3 is an amazing cam... ive installed a few of LGs cams now and yet to have ANYONE think its too big or dislike any of its characteristics... The technology behind the cam shows very well when you drive it around, I put about 2000 miles a month on mine! it has incredible low end power, great mid range and a top end that is second to none! In addition I got 27.6 mpg average on a road trip averaging 85 mph! The cam really doesnt feel big as long as you have a decent tune, But I drove one of my customers cars with a G5X2 and no tuning for 30 miles to get it to the dyno and it really had no issues. Didnt die once! Search my other posts for a more detailed write up on the cam as ive made a few!
Old 03-15-2004, 07:22 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with something larger than the G5X3, it's all about the tuning.