Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F.A.S.T intake manifold and throttle body , with Pro Charger S/C problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F.A.S.T intake manifold and throttle body , with Pro Charger S/C problem

I recently had a Procharger super charger, F.A.S.T 90mm intake manifold and throttle body installed on my 1999 WS6. I am having issues with the throttle body not wanting to close fully when letting off the throttle ( rpms hang at low speed , if you tap throttle a little when this occurs rpms come down to normal) Contacted FAST and they said they were aware of a problem with spring in throttle body,so I sent throttle body to them to replace spring. I got the throttle body back and it still does the same thing. Contacted FAST again and they told me there must be something else causing this issue now. My WS6 has traction control on it. Anybody have any ideas to solve problem? Could the throttle cable just need cable lube? My car is in storage for the winter so thought I would try to come up with some ideas to try in the spring.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by legendoffire1999
I recently had a Procharger super charger, F.A.S.T 90mm intake manifold and throttle body installed on my 1999 WS6. I am having issues with the throttle body not wanting to close fully when letting off the throttle ( rpms hang at low speed , if you tap throttle a little when this occurs rpms come down to normal) Contacted FAST and they said they were aware of a problem with spring in throttle body,so I sent throttle body to them to replace spring. I got the throttle body back and it still does the same thing. Contacted FAST again and they told me there must be something else causing this issue now. My WS6 has traction control on it. Anybody have any ideas to solve problem? Could the throttle cable just need cable lube? My car is in storage for the winter so thought I would try to come up with some ideas to try in the spring.
The problem is in the TB.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:09 AM
TECH Resident

It could most definitely be tuning... Need more info to diagnose.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Teching In

cracker - what other info do you need? I had my car dyno tuned at a place called West Bend Dyno tuning and performance. I heard nothing but good things about this shop from friends that went there, they to thought it was something to do with TB s internals.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Friend of mine had a similar issue a while back and I believe it had something to do with that servo pod or whatever the hell it is on the passenger wheel well
Old 12-08-2011, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

I Had to run a return spring on mine . It stop issue right away i was having the same issue that you are having...
Old 12-08-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The 90mm FAST TB was prone to sticking. Many people have complained of that; it was fixed when the 92mm came out.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:34 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Hi-Po
The 90mm FAST TB was prone to sticking. Many people have complained of that; it was fixed when the 92mm came out.
Correct, back at the old shop we had a lot of problems with the FAST 90mm throttle body's sticking. Many were brand new ones that we bought and installed.

The FAST 90mm intake manifold is also prone to leaking or cracking under boost. If it were my car I would get rid of both the intake manifold and the throttle body, and either go with an LS6 intake or find a used FAST 92 intake or buy a new FAST 102 intake, and go with a newer FAST throttle body. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 12-09-2011, 03:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Absolutely no need for a TB that large on such a setup. Will the stock TB bolt onto the intake ?
Old 12-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Default thanks

unfortunately I sold the stock tb and intake manifold to a friend at about the same time I had the FAST ones installed. I think I might look in to a different weight spring ( I tried using a small spring already but didnt seem to work). Other wise LS6 intake manifold, TB is probably the way I am headed. thanks
Old 12-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Teching In

WestBend Dyno knows there stuff............ good luck with the rest

Quick Reply: F.A.S.T intake manifold and throttle body , with Pro Charger S/C problem