General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Which one????????????

Old 12-06-2011, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one????????????

i want too get a lid and a filter and i dont know where too do a mass air meter and also tb.....theres 90 something mm and 100 104 theres like 20 choices...... my plan is too run some 650s in the 8th or better..i want too leave stock heads and intake...i will be doing a cam converter and other goodies later but i was told on here too start with the basic bolt on's .the car is stock other than longtubes and y.... so if some one could please recomend exactly size shape and color i would be greatful....i want too do the lid,filter,mass air if need and tb.....thanks guys!
Old 12-07-2011, 07:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year is the car? 6.50 in the 1/8 is like a 10.0 in the 1/4 which will take a lot more than bolt-on's or even just heads and cam in most cases. Anyway, in most cases any lid and filter will work fine. There are bigger lids out there on the market now than when I first bought mine so that is an option as well. I wouldn't touch the mass air flow, people are running good times with the stocker and I've read that chaning to a bigger one can be harder to tune, ect. but I don't have any first hand experiance with that, still rocking the untouched stocker. I would suggest adding some sort of ram air setup with the money saved from not having to buy a new mass air flow.

If you have an 01-02 you already have an LS6 intake, so I'd say your best bet would be to port and polish your stock TB. If you have a 98-00 swapping the intake isn't a big deal and you can go with an LS6 for reasonably cheap and P&P your TB. There are other options such as the FAST 90/92/102 and a bigger TB to go with it. That might be an option if you are serious about adding heads and cam and want to run in the 6's in the 1/8.

Search this Thread