Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 Long-block and Short-block

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 05:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 Long-block and Short-block

What difference?

P.S. And if I connect stock manifold with my 3" pipe exhaust it would be OK? I'm swap LS3 in Nissan
Old 12-07-2011, 06:00 AM
Teching In

ohh boy,

Short block is usually just the block, with basic rotating assembly
Long block has heads, cam, springs,etc. Sometimes intake manifold, injectors, etc. If u have a 3" all the way back it would be ok for stock power, anything more than that would probably require a little more flow. If u are putting it in a 240sx, or 350Z, you might have to use the GTO or maybe the Vette headers to clear the steering rack.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:14 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2isbetterthan4
ohh boy,

Short block is usually just the block, with basic rotating assembly
Long block has heads, cam, springs,etc. Sometimes intake manifold, injectors, etc. If u have a 3" all the way back it would be ok for stock power, anything more than that would probably require a little more flow. If u are putting it in a 240sx, or 350Z, you might have to use the GTO or maybe the Vette headers to clear the steering rack.
Aaaaa, thanks! It's clear for me now =)

Yes I have 3" all the way back
I'm putting LS376/480 crate +FAST 102mm TB and intake manifold + haltech in RHD S15, guys from SPD metalworks who swap LS in silvia say that with stock headers it would fit OK

Quick Reply: LS3 Long-block and Short-block