View Full Version : OFFICIAL 2012 LSX Challange series schedule from NMCA

nmcajefftaylor
12-07-2011, 05:08 PM
For Release: Thursday, Dec. 1, 2011, 9 a.m. ET

LSX Challenge Series Heats the Tires for 2012

ORLANDO, Fla. – The Chevrolet Performance LSX Challenge Series is back for 2012 – and more competitive than ever. It is the premier racing series for street-based vehicles powered by Chevrolet’s LS and LSX engines.

Along with supporting the LSX Shootout series, Chevrolet Performance enables racers to compete and win with a growing range of LSX maximum-performance crate engines and engine parts, including the LSX454R racing engine (part number 19257880). Chevrolet Performance also offers LSX Bowtie blocks – with the tall-deck version for building large-displacement engines of up to 500 cubic inches – as well new drag-race six-bolt cylinder heads, intake manifolds and forged rotating components.

Chevrolet Performance personnel will be on hand at all events to answer tech questions and explain the key attributes of the latest parts.

It pays to win
Chevrolet Performance will award the fastest LS-powered racers at the LSX Shootout event and pay a $250 bonus to any racer who wins his or her category using an LSX Bowtie engine block. Chevrolet Performance will also supply awards to all racing class and show class winners.

LSX Series Champions
Chevrolet Performance will recognize the 2011 LSX Series Champions at the NMCA Awards Ceremony in Orlando on Friday, December 2, 2011.

The champions of the landmark 2011 season – the first to feature the four-race format – include:
Michael Meeks in the LSX Drag Radial class – who won by a slim five-point margin over runner-up Mark Carlyle
Jud Massingill in the LSX All Motor class – his Camaro runs in the low-8-second range without a power adder
Adam Preston in the Real Street class – his Camaro is mid-8-secord performer
Rob Farley in the LSX Rumble class – who topped more than 80 racers who accumulated points in the competitive class throughout the season
Shawn Calabrese in the 5th Gen Camaro Challenge class – his tuned Camaro SS ran low 12s at the start of the season and kept going quicker.

2012 LSX Series Schedule
The four-race LSX Challenge Series for the 2012 season includes stops in Bradenton, Fla., Atlanta, Ga. and Bowling Green, Ky. – with the championship again to be decided at the annual LSX Shootout, held in conjunction with the NMCA World Finals, in Indianapolis. The race dates and locations include:
March 15-18 (NMCA season opener), at Bradenton Motorsports Park, Bradenton, Florida
June 1-3 (Chevy High Performance Nationals) at Atlanta Dragway, Commerce, Georgia
October 11-14 (NMCA World Finals/LSX Shootout), at Indianapolis Raceway Park, Indianapolis, Indiana.

The fourth event will be the LS Fest, Sept. 7-9, 2012, in Bowling Green, Ky., at Beech Bend

KeithBerryZ06
12-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Wooootastic!

98NYFINESTVETTE
12-07-2011, 08:28 PM
I can't wait to start the 2012 season. I enjoyed the 2011 LSX SERIES so much, I will be participating in the NMCA EFI RUMBLE and THE LSX INDEX RUMBLE for the 2012 season.

Thanks again for giving me a place to have fun. :usa:

ATwelveSec02Z28
12-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Dates are out.... now how about the rules?

zracer323
12-09-2011, 02:41 PM
I can't wait to start the 2012 season. I enjoyed the 2011 LSX SERIES so much, I will be participating in the NMCA EFI RUMBLE and THE LSX INDEX RUMBLE for the 2012 season.

Thanks again for giving me a place to have fun. :usa:

Are they letting people run two classes? I am planning to run some EFI Rumble races but want to do the LS stuff as well.

98NYFINESTVETTE
12-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Are they letting people run two classes? I am planning to run some EFI Rumble races but want to do the LS stuff as well.

I am not running two classes at the same event. I will race the four LSX events. When not racing the LSX, I will race the EFI. The two events that I can drop from the EFI will be the events I will not race due to me racing in the LSX.

nmc-1
12-10-2011, 12:53 PM

I am planning on running four series this year. 1. NMRA Super Stang 2. NMCA EFI Rumble ( Vette and Mustang) 3. LSX Rumble (Vette) 4. NMC with 70 Buick.

I am meeting next week with a company that wants to possible buy SP&L if that happens I can probably make all 4 for sure. I too really had a good time, chasing Rob all year even if I was way behind.

98NYFINESTVETTE
12-10-2011, 06:54 PM
I am planning on running four series this year. 1. NMRA Super Stang 2. NMCA EFI Rumble ( Vette and Mustang) 3. LSX Rumble (Vette) 4. NMC with 70 Buick.

I am meeting next week with a company that wants to possible buy SP&L if that happens I can probably make all 4 for sure. I too really had a good time, chasing Rob all year even if I was way behind.

Good luck with that schedule. What you are doing in 2012 I was thinking about doing in 2013. I have a Mustang I was going to enter in the NMCA OC. I think I will take baby steps to get to that point. I am testing the waters to see how the family can handle me being away so much for the 2012 season. That would determine the 2013 season. :usa:

I think what will help is that I am looking at buying a motor home. In the off season I would like to travel with the family.

Hope to have a great 2012 season, great series with great racers. :hail:

GIZMO
12-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Dates are out.... now how about the rules?

X2. I have zero conflicts with the schedule for next year, so I am planning to hit all four races. With only a couple of months to the first race, I really need to know if there are any rule changes.

LS1LT1
12-12-2011, 01:49 AM
I think what will help is that I am looking at buying a motor home.Excellent, more room/sleeping quarters so now Doug, Steve and I can stay right at the track along with you in Indy. :devil: :D ;)

Justin@GMHTP
12-12-2011, 02:15 PM
X2. I have zero conflicts with the schedule for next year, so I am planning to hit all four races. With only a couple of months to the first race, I really need to know if there are any rule changes.

Rules are coming soon guys but from what I can tell, there will be no major changes to any of the classes. Maybe some weight here and there, maybe some small - read, very small - changes to certain combinations but it sounds like the NMCA is trying really hard to build a consistent, reliable rule set that we can use year in and year out.

So, basically, build as you would but please understand that we may have little tiny changes here and there.

*Disclaimer: I am not on the rules committee, this is only what I have managed to hear through the walls and gleam from quickly minimized emails to and from people much more important than I*

Fonzi383
12-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Thank you for the Chevrolet Performance LSX Challenge Series and NMCA can't wait for another series great races and racers hope we can get alot of people at FL and Ga to keep this graet support !!! The weather is great in FL worth the trip !!!

98NYFINESTVETTE
12-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Excellent, more room/sleeping quarters so now Doug, Steve and I can stay right at the track along with you in Indy. :devil: :D ;)

The answer to your statement/question - NOPE, sorry no room. :guns: :bomb:

fuel
12-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Thank you for the Chevrolet Performance LSX Challenge Series and NMCA can't wait for another series great races and racers hope we can get alot of people at FL and Ga to keep this graet support !!! The weather is great in FL worth the trip !!!

x2.......

helicoil
12-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Rules are coming soon guys but from what I can tell, there will be no major changes to any of the classes. Maybe some weight here and there, maybe some small - read, very small - changes to certain combinations but it sounds like the NMCA is trying really hard to build a consistent, reliable rule set that we can use year in and year out.

So, basically, build as you would but please understand that we may have little tiny changes here and there.

*Disclaimer: I am not on the rules committee, this is only what I have managed to hear through the walls and gleam from quickly minimized emails to and from people much more important than I*

What did the little birdie that landed on your shoulder and whispered into your ear say about adding ladder bar/mini tubbed cars to the mix in RS? I don't interpret that as a major change, its not a weight thing either,,,,but I would consider it small.

helicoil
12-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Never mind, got my answer today from NMCA. :( Sounds like you are on par.

I have tried for a couple of years now to get a "ladder bar'' rear suspension legalized (of course, with meeting all the other current requirements; ie stock floor, stock rear frame rails, etc.) to allow older car bodies that were built for different heads up classes in years prior to be able and enter this class.

When an F-Body 'stock suspension bolt on car' can 60' 1.21 at this power level I cannot see where an advantage could come from with a ladder bar rear suspension conversion on an older factory leaf spring equipped car, especially since 'coil overs' were already allowed in the current rules. It just seemed to be a missing part to the rear suspension rule to give parity to an older bodied car. Not to sound like I am bitching, but I honestly can't see an advantage, maybe I have just sold myself, although I run a 'bolt on' F-Body car and have been a 1.29 60' at 3300# with nothing but out of the catalog bolt on parts. These cars just make excellent dragstrip cars, unlike some older cars. (except for being heavy, of course)

My goal was two fold, to allow me to enter a car I currently own, as well as to increase car counts in the class and give it more variety so it wasn't all F-Bodys of different color. I was game and pretty far along on the project. It appears car counts are not a major initiative for them right now.

Pro Stock John
12-13-2011, 03:44 PM
That's disappointing. When I saw Charlie Harmon in Indy I did make the same point because I think RS has a huge opportunity to grow if it allows older cars. Since guys in this class have gone 1.21, maybe even 1.19, I don't see ladder bar/ coil over setups having any competitive edge whatsoever.

koolrayz
12-13-2011, 08:31 PM
They dont want big car counts just "certain" car counts