Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous tune

I am new to this... So if i want to put a 150 shot on my car. Will my car lose power running on a nitrous tune? Meaning if i race somebody without spraying will my car have lesser power cause its on a nitrous tune.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrmane901
I am new to this... So if i want to put a 150 shot on my car. Will my car lose power running on a nitrous tune? Meaning if i race somebody without spraying will my car have lesser power cause its on a nitrous tune.
Install EFI LIVE'S COS5 operating system. This and few other mods will allow you to run full power off the bottle, then when your nitrous master switch is armed, will adjust for fuel and spark changes needed for nitrous.

As far as the cost of EFI LIVE, you pay for the best. Its a good investment for doing future mods.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

To answer your question though,,yes you will have less power on engine if you tun full time with a nitrous tune.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going on what the OP said, would a custom tune be a good idea? Im installing a 100 shot on my bolt on ls1. So dumb-down the timing and get colder plugs?
Old 12-09-2011, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, to be safe knock 4-5 degrees out, and at least a ngk tr6, or the 7 series non-projected tip plugs. I have the lingenfelter unit in my car. It allows me to remove as much timing as I need, but only when its activated. Its also a, fully adjustable rev-limiter, really nice piece.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:53 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ok.. first off.. you dont have to lose your motor tune...Lots of options
secondly... colder plugs does not mean loss of power... it just means you might have to change them more often of your tune isnt spot on as it may foul them out quicker..

as far as how to do the tune...
you can actually do it on the cheap if you wanted to...
as simple as adding a resistor and a relay in with your IAT sensor.....flip a switch which energizes the relay, which adds the the resistor, which changes your IAT...remove a few degrees in your IAT tables in the tune for the temperatures the resistor represents...
voila...timing pulled for nitrous.

you can do the EFI OS... I have never used it myself so I cant tell you the exact inner workings of what it does...

theres also the option of buying a separate controller like the Microedge that everybody likes...but its just doing the resistor trick I mentioned

on a 100 shot, you need to pull 4* for a 100 Shot, or 6* for a 150b shot (2* per 50HP Jetting)
and you need to go with a non protruded tip plug one heat range colder than stock. a BR6ef should do nicely (NOT A TR6)
NGK Part # 3177 {#BR6EF}

you can get then at any auto parts store or thru most of the nitrous companies...