Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New ish

Old 12-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ish

Hey, I'm rob, so far i've been researching mods and such for when i finally get my camaro. I'm in high school and I'm waiting to graduate since i have a job setup already. When that happens I'm going to save up and try to find a 2002 camaro ss with hopefully low miles. I plan on doing some basic mods at first then buy another car for a daily, and then go into more extensive mods.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Teching In

currently driving a 1999 Jeep cherokee with 175,000 miles. I'm also into R/C helicopters, planes, and cars, but I've taken a break from them as they cost a lot of money
Old 12-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Teching In

Welcome. I like your priorities...buy the Camaro first, then buy the daily driver. Genius!
Old 12-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Teching In

yeah...I have my reasons for it though. the car i want is already 9 years old, and will be harder to find with low mileage, so i might as well. my daily i also would get a payment on while the camaro i want to buy outright from someone.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you've given this a good deal of thought... What kind of mods are we talking about? You shouldn't have too much of a problem finding something with low miles. I'm not saying it will be easy but they're out there. Just be patient with it and eventually something just falls into your lap. I was getting very impatient but that's what ended up happening to me. And when it does happen, don't hesitate to pull the trigger or someone else will.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:22 AM
Teching In

Oh yes, I've given it thought, it's what i do when im bored. I have a spreadsheet with prices and links, and the order of which I'm going to do the mods. I have a lot of spare time on my hands, maybe too much
Old 12-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Sounds like a good plan. Im in a similar situation. Im selling my dodge diesel to buy me a ls1 (z28,ss,t/a). I had a lt1 and enjoyed having a car since ive pretty much always owned trucks. Not to mention mods and etc are quit a bit cheaper for an ls1 vs a diesel lol. But just take your time, im in now hurry. Ive came across a few cars ive liked and looked at but im just waiting for the right one to fall in my lap then ill jump the gun. Until then Ill try to continue to wait patiently until then. Also, i to am into r/c. You into electric or nitro?
Old 12-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Yeah I got a lot of camaro buddies, friend of mine has a 2002 Z28 that's cammed and some other stuff, my dad has a 1999 Z28 with RS ground effects (bone stock), and another friend that has a 1987 Z28 IROC is near perfect condition (except transmission....).

I've taken a break from r/c some. but i have 2 team losi electric cars (XXX-T and Micro desert truck), both of which are broken right now, 3 helicopters (Blade CX2, msr, SR). they all fly, but i need new batteries, and im looking to sell one of them. im selling the cx2. channel on youtube is channel corvettesrule101 if you want to see them

Search this Thread